But first, who can tell me what this is from (Kiera’s blog reminded me of it..):
“In third grade I cheated on my SRA exams, in fourth grade I stole my uncle Matt’s toupee and glued it on my face when I played Moses in my Hebrew school play; in fifth grade I knocked my sister Eidie down the stairs, and I blamed it on the dog!”
Presenting: The List
100. I just had my first baby, Elora Mae in October 2005. She gets cuter every day.
99. I am married to Joseph, and it’s a good thing or I wouldn’t be so keen on telling people about Elora.

98. My name is from a book called The Bloodstone, in which my character is a warrior princess. Cool, huh.
97. My sister was named from Olivia Newton John’s character in the movie Xanadu. (Sorry Kiera, I told you I’d copy you a little bit.)
96. Dain, Thain, and Thorin, my brothers, were all named from The Hobbit…after Dwarves.
95. When I look at toilet paper dispensers, I often think of my parents. Probably because they’re usually made by the KimberlyClark company.
94. I was an art major in college and am still very interested in observing art in the world and creating for myself, but I really don’t care to earn acclaim or money off of it. In fact, the whole idea just stresses me out.
93.I am an introvert, but have learned to disguise it pretty well.
92. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from college almost six years ago, but have little to show for it but bragging rights.
91. My husband just started college and probably has six years to go!
90.My favorite color is blue, but I like to wear orange, brown, and green as well.
89. I love sky blue but hate turquoise, love forest green but hate (wearing) Kelly green, and have been told it’s impossible to buy things for me because the colors I like and dislike are too similar. Hey, art major here!
88.I’m very picky.
87. I sang in the Seattle Institute Choir for two years, but am very self-conscious about my singing voice.
86. I can’t really sing on my own, but I know some alto parts now, due to experience #87.
85. I had a college reading level in fifth grade, but you can’t really go up from there…so technically, I have the same reading level that I did at age ten.
86. I got a 36 in reading on the ACT test.. well, 35 the second time.
85. My math score (which I won’t mention) skewed my total score and made the previous fact irrelevant.
84.I am 5’9”, which makes people think I’m skinnier than I really am.
83. I’ve read the Lord of the Rings 9 ½ times, but the last time was six years ago and I quit in the middle because I was busy. Besides, I think I knew how it ended.
82. I’m a habitual teachers pet.
81.(Speaking of pets) I’ve owned two turtles: Mr. Turtleman, and Gollum.. one was Kiera’s that I took from her in high school , the other now resides with her in Texas. How the wheel turns.
80.I still listen to cassette tapes and CDs, and refuse to buy an i-pod. This was very puzzling to people I worked with, who are hypnotized by the media’s insistence to buy new things now.
79.My favorite tv show is Lost, as it’s the first intelligent but not completely morally corrupt show on in quite a while.
78. I watch way more t.v. since I had a baby, but try to keep it to a minimum. No daytime tv…bleahck!
77. We have an antenna instead of satellite or cable, which really helps with #78
76. I like Harry Potter: books more than movies, and movie three better than movie four.

75. I have a CD by a band called “Harry and the Potters” whom I heard perform at the college bookstore.
74.My favorite songs on it are: The Missing Arm of Victor Krum, and They Call Him the Weasel, which is about Ron Weasley.
73.I have subscriptions to The Artists Magazine, American Baby (which is free) and the Church magazines.
72. Joseph has had subscriptions to Popular Science and Scientific American, which I also like to read on occasion.
71. I like the Smithsonian, but don’t want to pay for another subscription. It has History, Art, Science, and Sociology, and I always feel like I used my time well when I read it.
70. I believe red or auburn is the best hair color, for obvious reasons.
69. I don’t understand why sixty-nine has the bad meanings it does…for anyone who knows what I’m talking about, would you like to explain?(e-mail me)
68. B ill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, as in the soundtrack, is the most hard-rock type music I own.
67. The soundtrack to Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind is the most foreign album I own. (All the writing is in Japanese).
66. I love orange juice, especially with chocolate. Mmm.
65. But I also like apples with Oreo cookies. They clean off your teeth as you eat, and balance out the sweetness.
64. My husband is the only person I went out with more than once. (That’s how you know its true love, right?)
63.Almost every date I’d been on before him, I didn’t really want to go.
62. I love the zoo (like Kiera) but always feel guilty for patronizing places that have captive animals.
61. I have no debt, but also have no money!
60.I love big dogs, but don’t want to own one.
59.Butterflies remind me of my grandma

58. Slugs remind me of my husband.. but not in a bad way.
57.I broke my collar bone in second grade when I fell from the parallel bars.
56.Durring recess in elementary school, I was content to sit in the middle of the field and watch everyone else play. I’m pretty sure my teachers thought something was wrong with me.
55.I still like to just sit and observe people.
54 My husband says I’m voyeuristic because I always want to look in everyone’s apartment windows when we go walking or driving. Really, I just want to see what everyone else’s home looks like, and how they decorate.
53. I am adamant about closing the curtains when it gets dark. Who knows who is out there looking in people’s windows!
52.I don’t like to take medicine, and think its pushed too much in America.
51.I believe doctors are just guessing most of the time.
50.I hate getting my hair wet, it takes too much effort to fix afterwards.
49.I eat while I’m nursing my baby…and I ALWAYS find pieces of food on her afterwards. She has cherry cordial from a chocolate in her hair right now.
48.I’ll wash it out later.
47.I don’t hate anybody, but I can think of people whom I would rather not be around.
46. A girl in my sixth grade class slapped me for saying her name wrong, and later accused me of being a lesbian in front of a bunch of people. She fits in the category mentioned in #47
45.I think I don’t like math because the boys in my middle school math classes used to harass me, and the teacher didn’t stop them. Jerks!
44.I love the Northwest in the summer.
43. I miss Utah in the winter. 
42.I used to make little caves in the snow, so that if birds got cold they could go in there to get warm. You know, like an igloo!
41 I used to purposely leave tracks in the snow and then hide and watch for a minute to see if any kidnappers were following me.
40. If someone ever broke into my house and tried to kill everyone, my plan was to take one of my dad’s swords off the wall and wait behind a door to stab them….. or go outside and hide at the top of the tree until they left.
39.My sister and I used to worry that our dad would go crazy and kill us all.
38. I used to be scared of the part in Peewee’s Big Adventure where the truck driver lady turned all claymation and did a scary face. Now I think its funny.
37.I loved AP English class in high school.
36. I actually liked analyzing the poems for meaning and iambic pentameter.
35.I was the teacher’s aide for the photography and art-history classes in college, and those are still my two favorite jobs I’ve had.
34.I like grading papers, but don’t want to be a teacher.
33. I’ve been a telemarketer, and have sympathy for them. I get angry when people tell me how they stuck it to a telemarketer. They’re just doing their job!
32. I will NEVER have that job again.
31.I once gave surveys about Honey-baked ham, and people were actually excited to participate.
30.I don’t think I’ve ever eaten Honey-baked ham
29.I used to eat 100 penny candies every day, then have pop-tarts and granola bars for a snack, while in college.
28. I’ve learned too much sugar can make you sick.
27. Although I ate a box of chocolates for lunch today.
26.My husband always beats me at the game Connect Four
25. But I always win at checkers. That’s why he won’t play it anymore.
24.I loved watching He-Man and Voltron as a kid
23. My most vivid nightmare involved Skeletor and Evilyn
22.I hated She-ra and Jem, but watched them because my sister liked them.
21.I used to have a pink bike with a padded banana seat. I thought it was cool until kids made fun of me.
20As a kid, I would wear my swimming suit all day and ride my bike around like that.
19.I think all of my siblings are pretty cool, in different ways.
18.In middleschool, I planned on being a novelist. But I’d always get bored after about five pages and never finished anything…unless the teacher was going to read it to the class, then I’d try harder.
17. Then I decided I’d just draw the book covers. Until I realized most book covers have really horrible art; now I critique them and am generally not impressed.
16..My favorite pen is the Pilot G-2. It’s the only nice pen that continues to work even though I hold it incorrectly. I use it for my journal.
15. I’ve never felt the need to exercise. When I was done with high school PE, I thought I was free of it
14. Now I’ve had a baby and I’m not quite sure how to go about getting back into shape. I still don’t want to exercise.
13.I eat way more fast food now than I did growing up. My husband eats way less.
12. I hate cooking; it takes too much time and makes a mess. I’d rather just go hungry than cook something.
11.I love sitting in the sun. I like to find whichever room has the most sun, and just sit on the floor in the beam, doing nothing. 
10.I like riding the bus in Seattle. Lots of people hate public transit, but I loved it. Mostly because of my people-watching thing (see #55).
9. I don’t like to drive on the freeway. In fact, I haven’t done so since probably 2001, and that was only through Idaho in the middle of the night. (We were going from Seattle to Arizona for a funeral.)
8. I’m scared to death of our car breaking down somewhere in heavy traffic…probably because growing up our cars always broke down when we were on vacation.
7.I got my license at 16 but didn’t drive again until 18, because I had no confidence in my driving skills but didn’t want my parents driving me to college events.
6.I love fall leaves, and the last two years have started a tradition of pressing them then hanging them in my home.
5. I love taking pictures of nature, but my photos never turn out as good as I think they will.
4. I always say I hate digital cameras, but now I think I want one. I’m still trying to work that out in my head.
3. I miss my friends and family, but don’t want to move back home.
2. I’m wearing grey sweatpants…the ones that show my ankles.
1. I’ve worn contacts for almost five years.
So, it may not have been exciting, but I hope everyone had fun getting to know me a little better!
12 comments:
Hi suckerhead!!!! I'll email you about #69 in a minute....*snicker* You've worn contacts for almost five years now?! I still picture you with glasses...crazy. You're worse than me about driving...um....you have a favorite pen?....uh...I eat way more fast food now too....I never knew you ate THAT much candy...no wonder you turned hypoglycemic...I feel the same about telemarketers...I like analyzing poems...okay that's all. :D
Hi girl! Im at my sisters house. You wrote a blog? You sucker Bye
my family is mean to me, aren't they.
That was fantastic! I don't think that I could think of 100 things to say about myself. I think that there are only about 50, and then I start to repeat the same stories.
My wife is so silly! And sometimes she can be bossy. She forgot to put in her 100 things that she likes to tell me what to do. She doesn't do it all of the time... Okay, Tearese! I'll post it now!
So does anyone get it? "Trees with leaves?" Like, leaves as in pages in a book? And I"ve had people call me 'Trees' before....
That's a great title... it's beautiful. Plus, I enjoyed the tree bark paper... so it is especially meaningful.
Great blog. I also do not own an ipod and have no future plans for one.
I loved reading this... it made you seem less far away.
that Tearese is the most beutiful-ist woman in the whole wide world!
First of all, isn't the quote from Goonies? I love that movie. Anyhoo, I am so glad you've started a blog!! I wondered when you would. Like Cardine, I don't think I could think of 100 things to say about myself. It was really fun to read. :)
yes, its from Goonies! In middleschool I wanted to watch it everyday, and I can pretty much quote the whole thing. YEah, to think of 100 things took a few days, and I had to look at other people's lists for inspiration.
Someday, I'll figure out how to do pictures in my blog and other links, then mine will be as cool as yours!
wow. That's a lot of things.
I haven't read it yet, but I plan too, it reminds me of the hundred things in my pocket contest. Ü
now you should update with a new post :)
Post a Comment