
The title is the first line of a song I learned as a kid. It was from one of those songbooks by a woman who's last name is Brady and all the songs were about seasons. .The illustrations were by Beth Whittaker; I know because I always see illustrations by her in the Ensign.
As I may have mentioned before, Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. If Elora had been a boy, I was thinking about naming her October....not a very good girl name though, as it is derived from Octavius Ceasar. (Just as August is from Ceasar Augustus...those vain Romans!)

Anyway, the song goes like this:
Remember September, October ,November
the wonderful months of fall?
Remember September, October, November
my favorite months of all?
The days get short, the nights get cool,
the leaves turn gold and down they swirl,
and all the kids go back to school.
Remember September, October, November
the wonderful months of fall!
I know its a little lame, but hey, its for Elementary age kids! Anyway, fall is in full swing here in the Northwest. Luckily, it hasn't been raining non-stop every day yet, so Elora and I have been able to take little walks around the apartment complex looking for cats and picking up leaves. Yesterday, Elora and I saw an orange kitty, a black kitty, a black and white kitten, and a part siamese cat, as well as a dog that barked at us and some squirels that were fighting. The first two cats let us pet them, the black one even jumped up on my knee. I told Elora it wanted a hug (She likes to hug her stuffed animals) so she started to hug it, but the kitty didn't like it. Poor kitty.
So we took Elora to a pumpkin farm this Saturday to take her one year pictures. What a perfect day! (Well, except for the mosquitos)

17 comments:
Oh, I LOVE the pictures! They're awesome! I especially like the one where she's sort of sitting on the pumpkin and looking up. Adorable, I say.
thanks. Yeah, I love all the ones on the big pile of pumpkins that are dark orange...unfortunately, she's not grinning in any we got there. But they've got the corn behind them and everything! We might go back...I'm debating.
As always, fabulous pictures! Your daughter is adorable. I liked the middle picture the best.
I've never heard that song. Yes, it was cheesy, but cute also. I love fall, too. The cooler temps, the colors, finally not having to go back to school. Sigh. It's nice.
The pictures of your daughter are great. She's beautiful.
I love fall, although it's a whole different season here in Nevada... but I'm learning to love our version of autumn.
thats what I loved when we moved up here...that fall lasted a long time. Back home, it seemed like a week or so and then it was suddenly winter! I know we won't live here forever, so I'm trying to soak up as much of it as I can while I'm here. Thanks for the comments everyone.
Yeah we're in that week right now, and it's really cool. And by cool I mean nice not "too cold"
I guess I knew about July and August, but October was new to me.
I'm glad you explained your reasoning for not naming your daughter october.
Was Octavius right after Augustus?
I guess I could look it up my self, but if you know...
wow, Warnser, you haven't commented on here for months! I feel priveleged. I'm not sure what order the Ceasars were in. My dad would know: being an ancient coin collector he's also an ancient history expert. We were told repeatedly about ancient monarchies and kings when we were kids. My favorite is Leopold the hogmouth. He was so inbred that he had a huge jaw, drooled all the time, and was basically...slow. He's on several coins. My dad calls Elora Leopold as a joke...hopefully when she's older she won't be offended at where its from!
I love those pics! (and that song, though I forgot the "and down they swirl" line). We don't get much of a fall here...our cooler temps are in the 70's but the leaves dont' really seem to change colors that much. It's been a little chilly the past couple of days, but we should be back in the 80's later this week. Some fall huh?
that's a great song! I love the colors of the lettering too. It goes well with the pictures... which are too cute!!!
You should write about Halloween and put up your costume pictures. :)
Keira, I was just going to suggest that! Tearese, I can't wait to see Elora dressed up for Halloween!
interesting, I'll have to look into that.
I just got your newsletter, and I loved it. I was thinking of doing something like it, only way more archaic/less creative. What program did you use?
I received your newsletter, too! Thanks! It was darling, of course. I was especially interested in Joseph's comic strip - I'd love to see it, so I hope he gets syndicated really soon. Thanks again!
we used Microsoft Publisher. The Newsletter was mostly Joseph's idea; I just edited some of his articles, and wrote the one about Elora's b-day (and the "big news" article.)
Oh, if you make the cookies, Joseph forgot to add 2cups of flour (at least).
Hey, I just went to that Britemusic website... they had a bunch of stuff from when I was a kid! My mom must have been in a club or something with them. Has anyone heard of the 'Safety Kids" music? We had this whole set of tapes about not doing drugs, strangers, etc. Anyway, they've got them all on CD.
YeEEEssss.
I would just like to say that I love the song, Remember September. I learned it in First Grade, back in 1989. Now I'm a music teacher and am teaching Kindergartners through third graders this very song.
Post a Comment