Does this look like a 'Tertzie Beth' to you? Thats the nickname my mom gave me when I was little, for some unknown reason. She still calls me that from time to time. My dad's nickname for me is MO-chelle, from my middle name, Michelle.My sister Kiera lucked out. My dad calls her "Annie", partly because her middle name is Anne, but I think mostly because as a small child she looked like Annie from the 1980's movie of the same name.

When my brother Dain was a small baby, my dad started using the name 'Blit'.. I think it had something to do with his spitting up all the time. As a teenager we started calling him 'Jimmy'. I'm the one that started it, because he reminded me of the character Jimmy from the movie Saturday's Warrior. We still refer to him by that name on occasion, with the variations of Jimmy Sparks, or Jimmy Cocoa Puff.
Thain, my next brother, was simply called 'Baby' until he was about three years old and Thorin was born. We jokingly experimented with calling him Sally, but it didn't really stick.
We referred to Thorin as Buddy for the longest time; again I think this one came from my dad. Today my dad usually calls him The Thorinator, in reference to his habit of destroying things randomly, even now after eighteen years. My sister sometimes calls him 'Schnauppy'.
Now with the next generation, it looks like the nickname legacy is continuing.

Elora has already amassed a number of monikers in her 21 months of life. Her main nickname is Saucy, with many variations : Saucilito, Saucy McGee, Saucy Pants, or simply Sauce. I've also called her Poppy Seed, and Honey Bee, but only a few times a day. When she was first born we tried out "Ya-ya" but that one didn't really stick.
My dad calls her The Elorinator (not so original) and more often, Squacky. Before she was born he called her Leopold, but that name seems to be history.
Even little Joshua, at almost one month, has been burdened with new names. While he was still in the womb - and I don't know where this came from - we started calling him Poe-pea. Somehow, this name has stuck, and I've even heard Elora refer to him with this name. I also like the variations: Poe-pea McGee, Poe-Pea G, Little Pope (no, we're not Catholic) , and on stinky days, Poopy McGee.
Not surprisingly, my dad calls him Cthulhu (see previous posts addressing this subject) and Joseph likes to call him Buddy, or Little Buddy. That one is cute.
I just hope their school mates don't come up with anything worse.
Does anyone else have an interesting nickname?
11 comments:
I don't know why that font size is all messed up. I tried to fix it three times! This has happened before too. Oh well.
We call my little "Ellie Belle". My sis used to call me "Uindettabe". It was some stange mix of anatomy and pig latin. She'd also turn all of our names backwards. So, Daniel became "Leinad". That was fun. So, I was "Asret".
I call Isabelle; Isabellie, Honey Bunny, Honey Bun, Baby Girl, Cutesy Cute, or sometimes just Cutes...and I still call Thain Sally and Dain Jimmy. Dad calls Isabelle Squacker too...and sometimes mom calls me Louise. That's all I can think of. ;)
Cardine is one of mine. That's why I named my blog the way I did. I'm also called Berrie, or back in the day I was Chub. My uncle used to call me my name and then add cantaloupe at the end.
My dad called me Beaner.
Jill = Jilly Bean = Beaner
A guy in college picked that one up and called me Beaner as well. For the most part, that name hasn't been used by too many (not would I allow that).
But most of my life my nickname has just been Jill-O. And I embrace that one.
how would you pronounce that.."Uindettabe"? Jill-o is fun. Am I wrong, or is Beaner sometimes a derogatory name for Hispanic people? I think i heard that once.
Kiera, don't forget I called Isabelle "Belly"!
I had a lot of nicknames growing up; Loulie, Lou (my aunt still calls me this), and Jules are the only ones I'm willing to say.
Jules is a good one, makes me think of Julia ROberts in My Best Friends Wedding.
Oh, the number of memories this post brings back for me! =)
ooo-in-detta-bay...
oh, I see now. Weird.
Post a Comment