No way. I wrote this huge HUGE post about all thats been going on, but the internet here really sucks and I've been waiting for it to be on long enough so I could paste my whole post in here and publish it. Now it won't let me do even that!!!!
So to sum up...we're in South Dakota, Joseph is teaching on an Indian Reservation. It took a long time to get here, after a trip to my parent's for a week and to a family reunion by Yellostone for a few days.
We didn't get the house we were promised...we got a crappy white trash trailer that stinks and was filthy. I was mad because we cleaned out our apartment all DAY LONG...really, we left at 11:30 PM. These last people didn't even bother to take their soap or their hair out of the shower. Or all the dead bugs and sticky stuff. Eww. OH and it took 6 hours to unpack (literally), because no one came to help us, except maintenace, who Joseph asked to help with the big furniture. And one lady the last five minutes, who took in a few boxes.
We still may be moved to the nicer house, but we're waiting for someone to leave. This will benice, but meanwhile, I don't want to unpack anything if we have to move it again. But clutter and disorganization are very stressful to me. Argh.
The kids are bored to death, and very HOT. Also, they must still be stressed over the move, as one little person has had 7 accidents since we left Logan (even though they've been potty trained for over two years) and another little person doesn't want to take baths or eat dinners, and the last little person is super clingy...more so than ever before.
I get to speak in church on Sunday. To the other five people and my family. THey're saving Joseph to speak next month, so they don't use us all up at once. The two young women moved out last month, as did the other couple in their forties. Nice.
We have no phone, no internet most of the time, and no forwarding address yet. I feel cut off from everything! The nearest town is 40 minutes away, and super small.
Anyway, I better publish this before the internet shuts off again....this is the only time of day it actually works: after 10:30 at night! So if you don't hear from me for a while, now you know why.
Hopefully, once we get everything in place and move over to the other place (groan) things will be normal again!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh, Tearese! I'm so sorry things did not work out like they said. That is really frustrating. I hate cleaning up after someone else's mess, especially when you've got enough trouble with unpacking and such.
I can't imagine a ward/branch that small. It must be...different. ;)
That must be hard with your kids having trouble adjusting, too. The poor things. But kids are resilient, they'll come around just fine.
It's good to hear what's going on, even though we didn't get the long post because of your Internet trouble. I'm sure it'll be better when things are back to normal, whatever that is!
Hang in there Tearese! Hopefully a house will open up for you guys SOON!
Oh, man!!
So... if your ward members aren't young women or a couple in their 40s... what is the make-up of your ward? Who are the five people?
I hope everything starts to go more smoothly!
sarah- we met the president and his wife (about my parents' age), a single guy in his 30's or 40's, an elderly couple. I don't know who else comes, we'll have to see sunday! We still haven't changed houses; if there weren't so much wrong with this one I'd want to stay here, just so the kids didn't have to move again right when they're getting used to it!
I have a feeling you might be called as the Primary President/Teacher. Just a hunch. ;)
Hey Tearese! Sounds like an ADVENTURE!! And a half! I hope all works out well.
So your mom is my daughter's 3rd grade teacher this year and she gave me your blog address and said to check it out! So here I am checking it out...Your kids are cute!! And your art is better than ever!
Gail- Hey! I just talked to my mom today, and she said she had talked to you. Thats so weird you have a daughter in third grade. Thanks for stopping by!
and I thought we had it bad...praying for you girlie!
Tearease! THIS is what happens when I don't check in on you? YOU MOVE TO SOUTH DAKOTA? Wow. Just, wow. But I love the way you're looking at it - that it's this adventure that you'll look back on and have grown from so much (and I know you will).
I can't wait to see more pictures and hear about all the stuff you're going to do.
Post a Comment