Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Newly mowed

Recently, our yard was getting a little out of control. We actually don't even have our own defined yards in our part of the neighborhood; all the wildness just kind of rolls around each house with no beginning or end. The wildness is attractive in it's own way, but we thought it might be nice to get it mowed anyway. Not only would it be easier to walk through, but it would aid a lot in keeping those pesky snakes from lurking around our house.


So we finally took the leap and bought our very first lawnmower! It was so exciting. The growth was sooo thick it took most of the day for Joseph to saw it down, so we were lucky it happened to be a nice cool day, unlike the whole previous week. Don't worry...he doesn't have to mow that whole field over there.



The front yard is starting to shape up! The school staff will actually mow our lawn for us, but we have to pay them $50 each time. Several local people have also offered to do it for as low as $20...yeah. As you can see, it was much more cost effective to just buy our own.



Now it's time for the backyard jungle.


 

Now that's more like it!



And in the meantime, we got a cool lawnmower box to play in all day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

It looks great!

Mellissa said...

There's nothing quite as fun for kids as a big empty box to imagine in. I actually enjoying mowing the lawn. Too bad we don't have one! :(

KieraAnne said...

Ooh looks nice! Patrick mows our lawn sometimes...

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I love that your hubby carved (mowed) out a front yard for you. And I agree with the box playhouse. If I had a box big enough I'd go sit in it, really I would. I loved the lake pictures and since I couldn't see the flies or gnats it looked perfect. And about those ice fishermen...can anybody figure out what that is all about?