Long ago, I used to fancy myself something of a poet. I still like some of the stuff I wrote in high school and college, though I can see now its a little juvenile. I've even thought about using some of my old verses as a starting point for a children's book, but I'm a little annoyed that I sold the rights to a few of the best of them when they were published in the church magazines.
Lately, when I watch Elora playing outside, riding her bike and exploring around our house, this poem keeps springing to mind, even though I wrote it long before she was born:
To Be Cherished
those were the days
that seemed to never end
charged with the fire of childhood
tempered with the passing breeze
and held together
by the imagination
of a barefoot young girl.
I was realizing the other day that I haven't really written any poetry since I first got married, and I was thinking, maybe I should get out that rusty old pen (metaphorically) and try again? Or at least add it to my long term list of really important things I should be doing! :)

2 comments:
That photo goes perfectly with that poem! Beautiful! :)
thanks Sarah! I'm glad someone read it.
Post a Comment