Monday, February 18, 2013

old drawings

For those of you who've known me for a long time (so basically, all the people who actually comment on my blog) you probably remember that I used to always draw on the back of everything. In school, in church, wherever I was, that's what I was usually doing. It actually helped me pay better attention!
So, I saved a bunch of those. And a lot of them were taped into a binder, and the tape was kind of discoloring and eating through the paper. Yeah, I knew beforehand that tape could ruin paper and photos, but I guess I didn't think they were important enough for it to matter. But lo and behold, ten years later, I kind of wish I hadn't used the stupid tape, even if it did help display them nicely in the binder.
As a way to help preserve these drawings, I've been scanning them and recording them on my art blog. I have several other categories that I haven't finished yet, but these small drawings are all scanned and labeled! If you are bored someday, you might want to go see them. Here is the link: http://teareseart.blogspot.com/p/pen-sketches-1994-2003.html
What kind of things might you find there?
Well, you might see people you know:

Zion NP, West Rim Trail, 1999

You could find some fantasy scenes that I drew in my early high school days:
Dragon 1995

Werewolf on the Bridge 1994


Or possibly something religious?
Garden of Gethsemane 2001




There are lots of cute couple pictures (Yeah, I don't know what that is all about)...
couple 1998

couple and tree 1997




You might find some beautiful scenery too, most likely accompanied by an introspective girl or two.
flowers 1999

Southern Utah 1995



You can also find a few holiday pictures, if you look hard enough:
Halloween 1995



Who knows, you might see something you've never seen before,
Mummy unwrapped 1999



Or something I drew when I was sitting next to you a long time ago!
Greenshow 1996



Anyway, you should check it out, if you wanna.
:-)

2 comments:

julie said...

I loved watching you draw when I'd sit next to you in YW. It fascinated me how you turned lines into people and things.

Sarah said...

I did see people I know! And I'm so glad I checked out your link, too. LOVED IT!!