Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cleaning house: Old art

While we were on our Christmas break at my mom's house, we helped clean the last of the things out of her old house, as she has moved to a new house up the street. While there, I was able to document some of my old artwork that I didn't have in my possession yet. I'm realizing now that there are a few things I got rid of- mostly ceramic sculptures- that I forgot to photograph, and I'm just kicking myself for it. However, many things were preserved and I posted them on my art blog.
There are some cool creations involving Xerox, spray paint, and Star-wars references in one post:




















And in another  post I show a couple of paintings that I really like. Who doesn't like post-apocalyptic landscapes in China?






































Finally, there were a few sculptures that I did remember to photograph, and these are posted as well. This one is my favorite:

ceramic 2x15x20", approx.





















So if you're so inclined, follow the links and go see them! Right now, they should be the three most recent posts, so if you don't want to follow each link and just go to teareseart.blogspot.com
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, Tearese! Sorry it's been a long time since I've commented. You were at your mom's during Christmas? I wonder if we were in town at the same time?? It would have been great to see you.

Good work documenting your stuff! I think I need to get rid of some of my sculptures. I've already got the photos of them, but now they're just taking up space. And with a baby in the family now, believe me, we're running out of space in our little place!

tearese said...

yes, space is hard to come by as your family gets bigger. Thanks for the comments, Sarah!