After I started editing the pictures, we decided to try one with all the words just like we did for Eli's first birthday. It kind of looks like a magazine cover, but it's fun to be able to see at a glance all the fun things she's doing when she turns one.
I took a few horizontal pictures, just so we had'em. I like the one where she's checking out her new shoes, and the one on the top right with the smile. So cute.

We got some good pictures, and River was pretty happy for most of them. It helped to have Daddy and Elora making her laugh, and a fun ornament to play with. I almost chose the bottom right picture here for our big one, it's so cute and you can see her teeth.
As I was editing, I tried several different effects on the pictures, like the shading around the edges as you see below, or different textures, etc.. But I decided I liked the plain white just fine. The bottom one here is the same picture as the one with the words. I posed her feet that way so they weren't sticking out awkwardly, they stayed that way for a few of the photos.

I got rid of a lot of pictures where she was making a whiny face, but I decided to keep at least one, because it is so funny. This is her fake crying face:

But truly, this is her real birthday face:
Happy birthday, River! Feel free to click on the pictures to see them bigger.



4 comments:
What a cutie! I especially love the last one with cake all over her face. Matt wouldn't touch his cake on his first birthday. He'd never had anything sweeter than fruit so didn't know what to do. Nowadays, he would tear into it. :)
Happy birthday, River!
How funny. Yeah, she's the last birthday of the year, so she'd had plenty of cake before then. Its kind of sad, because Elora also hadn't had cake before her birthday. It's funner when it's something new.
I love the pictures. I like the one with the words. Send me one to Wal Mart. I need a couple of others to put up too.
What a cute kid! (And what great photography and design skills!)
Post a Comment