(Side note: Once we were telling our kids the town of Lemmon, was probably named after a person with that last name. Josh quipped, "I bet everyone called him "Sourpuss!" )
Joseph wanted to find something I would like to do, so we decided to visit the 'famous' petrified wood park in town, and then find the sculptures of a local artist. Afterwards, we went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. I didn't take any pictures there, but the humble front for the store was very deceptive, as the food was wonderful, and came in vast quantities. Yum!
The park also has a museum on site, but it was closed for the season, so I guess we'll have to go back with the kids sometime this summer.
The petrified wood park was a project in the 1930's that gave people employment during the depression. Some of the creations there definitely reminded me of the outside of the rock church in Cedar. We had fun posing by the different stone pyramids and other creations there.
![]() |
| dinner time! |
![]() |
| Joseph layed an egg. |
![]() |
| Pink quarts archway! SO cool. |
![]() |
| Sign in front of the museum. |
![]() |
| wide view of the park. It takes up a block in town. |
So, maybe you're familiar with the movie "Revenant" that came out this year. It's a Leonardo DiCaprio movie about a guy who gets mauled by a bear. Or something like that. Anyway, that story happened near Lemmon! They have a campsite and some streets named after the guy, as well as another museum with stuff about it. We had wanted to see a sculpture of the guy and the bear, but I guess it was inside the building, which was also closed for the season. But they did have this awesome photo op outside:
Also, they had another sculpture by the artist outside too. If you can't tell, it s the same guy who did the two sculptures in Faith that I showed in my last post. This one too was created out of metal reused parts. Most of it was deliberately rusted, but I liked the bits that still showed a bit of color too.
Can you tell what it is yet? I'll give you a hint. It's like a combination of the two Faith sculptures together. That's right. It's a cowboy.........(with a scary burn-victim face)
riding a dinosaur! A triceratops to be precise.
All in all, we had fun wandering around town. Next time, I hear there's a bowling alley somewhere...


















4 comments:
Fun! Those rocks (petrified wood) are pretty! And yay for dates! Aaron took me out last Monday for lunch to a German restaurant! Yummy!
I would love to check out that park! So cool! I'm glad you had a fun date night.
Yay! I love bowling...and scary burn victim sculptures. :)
That's a pretty neat park. We'll have to check it out sometime when I come to see you.
Hope you get a few more date nights.
Post a Comment