Recently he made a silly little story using some photos my sister took at our wedding. So its kind of cheating because technically I didn't write this... but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Once Upon a Time...
Tearese and Joseph sat down one day to eat lunch.
But when Tearese looked in her lunchbox, she was shocked!

“What is THIS in my lunch?” She asked in slight fear, for she had never seen a purple squiggly in a box before!
“Oh,” said Joseph, “It’s probably something yummy for your sandwich.”
So, Tearese put it in her sandwich and began to eat.
But something wasn’t quite right...
Tearese turned to the person across the aisle and said, “I don’t think the purple squiggles are supposed to go in the sandwich.”

And she was right, but Joseph never heard the conversation, so he was happy to eat the squiggles.
Later, Tearese showed off how easily she could make Joseph do whatever she wanted him to do.

“See! He even lets me put his hand on this hot glass in front of the fireplace and he still smiles!”
Tearese’s family looked on at this in amazement. That is, except for Thain.

“That’s nothin’! Wait ‘til you see what Maryanne can make me do!” (Maryanne is Thain's girlfriend.) Thorin, who overheard this took in the whole situation and his brother’s words with a deep sense of awe and fear.
“Will I be like that too?” He wondered.
Meanwhile, Tearese and Joseph took advantage of the distraction and hid so that they could be alone.
“SHH!!!” Tearese whispered, “They’ll never find us here!”

“Do you think we can live forever here in this little bitty forest?” Joseph asked.
“No,” Tearese replied. “If my uncle moves, we’ll be stuck here forever or be tossed out on the streets.”
So Tearese and Joseph took off to Happily Ever After Land, just north of
Never-Never Land, and lived happily ever after.
The End
(it could have been a bit longer, and been more involved but I guess he was doing this at work! Hope you had fun.)
7 comments:
Joseph would be a great narrator at our family silent-film viewing events. (Our parents had a video camera without sound... so sometimes we just make things up.)
Great story! Was I there for part of it? I'm pretty sure I witnessed the squiggle-eating & the hot-glass-touching.
Yay Story-time!
we have some silent movies too, from 1950's and up, but they are put to music on a tape. My favorite part is baby Kiera walking and the strip-music from "Gypsy" is playing in the background: 'Let me entertain you..' the funny part is, she is walking in sync with the music.
I did have fun. In fact, that was extremely enjoyable. Thanks for sharing your story.
I seriously loved that blog, but now it's time for another one...
you wanna hold the baby while I type a new one?
Actually, I wouldn't mind at all if we lived remotely close. In fact, I would love to hold the baby. But, alas. We all (or at least most) must be employed to live, and my chosen employment allows no spare time for a while. I wish I could just travel for a job. You know, travel and write blogs about it and get paid to do so.
Post a Comment