Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A week in the life of...

I’ve been doing some self-analyzing the last little while, and have come to a sad conclusion: I’ve become quite boring in my ‘old age’! My sister and others have encouraged me to update this blog, but I really can’t think of anything interesting I could write about. I haven’t gone on any romantic getaways with my husband, nor have I even been to the beach just a few miles away, due to the crummy weather. So what could I write about?

(me and my hubby in the Northwest)


I thought about writing on Elora’s cute Whiney the Poo outfit she got for Christmas. Its pink and fuzzy, and the hood has ears on it. We took her for a walk in it today, and motorists were smiling and waving at her. The only downsize was the pink fuzzies all over mine and Joseph’s clothes. But that’s not an interesting story, especially to people without kids, so I won’t mention it.

I could write on the interesting article I read yesterday, about Westerners’ misconceptions on the nature of Christianity. We often assume it is divided between Protestants and Catholics, when really, its about Western/Roman Catholic beginnings vs. Orthodox or Eastern Christians. In the article, an Egyptian Christian said he was tired of Westerners asking if his family was converted by English, French, or Germans. His family had been Christians since the first century AD, and were actually converted by Mark of the New Testament, over a millennia before most Europeans were Christian at all. But that has nothing to do with anything, so I can’t write about that either.

I thought about discussing that cool program I watched on PBS about Fractals, and perfect equations. They were showing how everything in nature could be created by a fractal equation, and they created an image of a tree before my very eyes. It was very exciting. Similarly, I could mention the Golden Mein, which is a theory taught in math, art, interior design, and countless other disciplines. (Joseph was learning about it in his math class yesterday). This concerns the idea that everything can be broken down into perfect thirds (or something like that), and there are natural examples from seashells to seeds, to even the human body. And while its all very scientific, I think it’s a blatant example of how God created everything with great care and logic. But, I couldn’t really write a whole blog about that stuff, because I'm not good at math. So never mind.

I haven’t done much professional art lately to speak of either. But I read a cool thing about a mural in Red Deer, Alberta Canada. Its in front of an art gallery, and was made to look like a real window with paintings inside. Not just any paintings, but famous pieces by such artists as Hopper, Sargent, Degas, and Cassat. Then brilliantly, the artist created tromp l’oeil windows above it (meaning they looked real) And another ‘store front’ window next door. Warnser probably would have appreciated a blog about that. But, I couldn’t find the accompanying picture online, just other works by the same artist. So theres no way that blog could get written.

(by artist Michael J. Downs)

So I guess tonight I will end up going to my Young Women’s activity (I am one of the leaders) and I won’t write a blog at all. There’s really nothing I can write about. Do you have any ideas, those of you with more exciting lives?

10 comments:

KieraAnne said...

You could write about that time we went to the zoo and saw the baby elephant....or when Monkey's invaded Japan and we were forced to send help...or what about Elora's secret double life as a Russian operative trying to revive the cold war? Or our conspiracy to take over the world by cloning the same baby over and over again across the country from each other so no one will catch on....nah those are boring...maybe you should post a recipe about asparagus instead. :D

Cardine said...

Actually, I thought that was perfect. There were a few good posts within one post. That post was so interesting! I don't think your life sounds that boring at all.

The asparagus recipe sounds good, too.

warnser said...

My life is boring too, unless you take cardine's position that your's isn't, then it would just be "my life is boring." I think most people have boring lives at this time of year. It one of those time that we just get through, so our lives can be interesting again.

Which is not to say that we don't have plenty to do, just that it's kind of boring.
Ü

Anonymous said...

I like your life. You think of so many neat things! I shold know... we talk about them!

Maybe you could write about a dream you had, or about a dream that you wish to fulfill, or about crazy monkies flying WWII airplanes through the Sahara!

I like monkies.

tearese said...

yeah, I just wanted to post some cool pictures. I couldn't find one of the Whiney the Poo outfit though.

tearese said...

so does my blog looked messed up to anyone else? The stuff onthe sidebar is gone, and the second post ends in the middle. Its been this way for a few days. Any idea what the problem could be?

Cardine said...

It's not like that for me. I can see everything fine. Try reloading the page. Sometimes I go to my internet options, delete all my offline content and then start afresh. Does it work?

KieraAnne said...

Looks okay to me too. :)

tearese said...

yeah its finenow. Don't know what it was!

Booklogged said...

To Julie's friend -- I really enjoyed your blog. Very fun and interesting.