So, it appears we may be staying at our apartments after all. We spent all last weekend researching other apartments in the area, and driving around to look at them.First of all, it seems every apartment group in our area has raised their prices. Even our own apartments were listed online as being $50 more than they are asking of us.
Second, the few apartments we found that were actually cheaper enough to consider were pretty ghetto. They were also in neighborhoods I would not want to live in, believe me.
So we did a few calculations to see how much we would really be saving. It seems that after deposites, moving costs, etc, it would maybe be a couple hundred dollars. And is that really worth the stress of the move, combined with the annoyance I would feel for an entire year at having moved from an apartment I loved? NO!
Therefore, in celebration of this decision that has (almost) been made...(we still have to sign the new lease) Elora and I went on a walk and took a few pics of our neighborhood. I would have got more, but I didn't stop in areas where people were looking at me. So sorry for the incomplete picture.
Presenting: MY NEIGHBORHOOD: A PHOTO ESSAY

Our apartments listed on Rent.com actually used a picture of our specific apartment, out of the 200 individual apartments in our complex! This convinced me ours must be the best one here. PS I didn't take this one.

some cool flowers down the street..too bad the camera couldn't quite capture the soft light the way it really was!





7 comments:
Yay!!!
Those are some very pretty pictures.
Those are funny pictures. You always take way more pictures when I'm not there!
PS- I'm still waiting on the blog all about mine and Patrick's adventures. =)
That was pretty! I wanna come visit! There aren't any sidewalks...I hate it when the city does that and then cars honk at you for being in the road but you're like; "Hey! There's no sidewalk! Where am I supposed to go?" but they don't listen...those were pretty flowers and a cute baby. I don't get your apartment pic. Don't you have a balcony? Where's the door? Or is it on the other side or something? Are you on the second floor? Is there a second floor?
our balcony and the window from the last post are on the oposite side from this picture. This picture is the entrance. We are on the second floor; the entrance is set up like a fourplex. You come in and have to turn left to go to the kitchen and front room. Straight ahead is a halway with bedrooms and bathroom. I like it because the balconies aren't facing the parkinglot.
In the picture, that tree is in front of our bedroom window, so its nice.
yeah, so I was telling Kiera, my apartment is actually off of a really busy road with stoplights and such.So this rural image you get from these pics isn't completely correct.
I'm glad to hear the good news and see the beautiful pics!
thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment