Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Things I discovered on my trip home

  • I look pretty hot when I 'm in the forest.
  • My sister's baby is just as cute as mine!
  • When you have two photogenic babies, you take lots (and I mean lots) of pictures together.
  • The Spooky Gunslinger and Superman (see previous post) both have good disguises. They blended right into the family. (Spooky is the Communist.)
  • However,Elora saw right through Jimmy Sparks' blonde hair, and promptly defeated him. She was quite annoyed to find out he was her uncle and she had to let him go.
  • Grandmas , like cousins, can be twins. (While Grandma Kimber adores a minuet, the ballet route or cape suzette....Grandma Betty likes to rock and roll a hot dog makes her loose control...)
  • Joseph can fly? Oh wait I knew that.
  • There aren't alot of porta-potties at Cedar Breaks.


  • Elora is a regular mountain goat.
  • Its fun to see old friends, no matter how briefly. (faces have been obscured to protect innocent bloggers.)

16 comments:

tearese said...

Disclaimer: I don't know if Jimmy is really a communist...he just thought it would be funny to wear a communist shirt for the fourth of july, you know, see if he could offend anyone.

Cardine said...

Yeah, I bet that communism is just a red herring. Hee hee.

The cousins look so cute with each other!

Anonymous said...

That's a funny list! I liked it when Elora attacked Jimmy!

KieraAnne said...

Yay! I love updates! I totally thought mom and grandma looked like twins...only they needed to coordinate their hair dye. ;) You should send me one of your pics of mom and grandma pushing strollers, I don't think I have one. Okay that's all. :)

tearese said...

yeah...if I had your pictures from the day we went hiking i could have made my blog longer!

julie said...

I think I look better with a blue dot in front of my face. Hmm. I wonder where I could get one of those? No, really, thanks for the anonymity. :)

These are such great pictures!! The girls are adorable. Maybe if I had such cute kids I'd take more pictures. Maybe.

KieraAnne said...

They're up...in the "KieraUtah" folder. :) Feel free to edit your blog and make it longer.

tearese said...

thanks kiera.... what do you think?

tearese said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tearese said...

So has anyone ever seen the Patty Duke show, or is the twins comment lost on most? I loved the Clue reference, Cardine.

KieraAnne said...

I like it! Yay! for editing! :D

Cardine said...

Sorry, I am not schooled in the Patty Duke show. I'm glad you caught the Clue quote.

So, for some reason, when I was reading this post again, I put the porta-potty caption with the photo of Joseph carrying Elora. And then I was thinking it was funny. It's still funny, but I really got a kick out of thinking that you were referring to Joseph as a porta-potty for Elora.

tearese said...

So the Patty Duke Show used to be on Nick at Night a long time ago. Its a black and white show that was originally on around the same time as Doby Gillis, Leave it to Beaver, and ..oh whats that show with the housewife with pearls? I can't think of it.
Anyway, Patty Duke Plays Cathy and Patty, who are cousins who live in the same house. Cathy is really refined and likes Ballets and such, while Patty "loves to rock and roll". The difference in their looks was one had hair turned up and one had hair turned under. It was kind of the precurser to the parent-trap, in that it was the same actress. It was a pretty good show, if I remember correctly.

Anonymous said...

I understood you were referring to something, but I didn't know to what you were referring. Great post & pics! So, do you think my smile looks fake?

Anonymous said...

Okay, after posting, I realized that I should have described more clearly what I was referring to... the Patty Duke show.

tearese said...

I dont know, there's a blue dot in front of your face;)