Well, I did it. Its been a few years, but I've decided to cut my hair short again. I absolutely loved it short the last time. I felt so much cuter. It must have worked for me too, because I met my husband while I was sporting a short coif, and people treated me like I was older. Unless my hair was in little pigtails.
(while dating Joseph)
Curly hair, summer 2003
photo by Sarah on Mexican cruise
But as it took about three years to grow it out, I was somewhat reluctant to make the cut again. Every winter I say I will, because the rain makes it look frizzy and messy. And every summer I consider it, because my short hair looks really good in the summer (as its not frizzy or messy.)
(while dating Joseph)Curly hair, summer 2003
photo by Sarah on Mexican cruise
This time around my long hair had been somewhat more attractive than the first time, I felt.
Maybe because I don't have glasses. Or bangs. And my hair is curlier in this climate.

long hair this summer, 2006
Meadowdale Beach, Mukilteo WA
Maybe because I don't have glasses. Or bangs. And my hair is curlier in this climate.
long hair this summer, 2006
Meadowdale Beach, Mukilteo WA
Maybe it was because I worked with the Young Women at Church and they always told me how they loved my hair and they didn't think I should ever cut it. Young Women are like that. Maybe it was because Joseph thinks its so pretty long, though I admit he's very supportive of my shorter doo.
I think part of my decision was due to feeling like I'm in high school again with long hair. What if I see someone who hasn't seen me in ten years? We might possible move back to Utah for Joseph's schooling next summer, so that would be a distinct possibility. They'll have no idea that I actually have had a different look. We can't have that now, can we?
It took a month or two of deliberating, but last weekend I finally went out and did it. Of course, the next day I cut off a few more inches in back my self, as the stylist didn't do what I wanted. But now I love it, so its all okay. Plus, since I donated it to Locks of Love, I got half off. Woo hoo!
I thought seeing my hair lying there would give me a pang of regret, but really I was just thinking, "Yup, there's my hair. Hope someone likes their new wig."
I really like it. One of my hometeachers (who says things that make him seem much younger than he is) asked me, "so what is that, the "mom cut"?" Thanks a lot. He then shared how his wife had cut her hair for cancer kids and he didn't like it, but he didn't care 'cause he hardly looked at her anymore.
I think he was kidding (they've been married as long as us) but it still wasn't a very nice thing to say. But Joseph piped up and told them that he thought I was very cute with short hair, as he'd loved me that way to begin with. So there, stupid boys!
So anywayhere is the new cut ( along with my anniversary flowers :))
Its a horrible picture of me..whats with my fat neck? But at least the flowers look nice.
What do you think of my hair though?
PS...is this post narcissistic ?

12 comments:
I meant half off the price, not my hair.
I knew what you meant. No, it's not a narcissitic post, at least no more so than any other post by anyone else (blogging is by nature a bit narcissitic).
I LOVE YOUR SHORT HAIR! You look way cute - and not at all like it is a "mom cut" (silly boy). You look hip and happening!
Merry Christmas!
The cut looks good. You look great!
I don't think that's a bad picture of you! (what do you mean your neck looks fat?) I like the new hair cut! and I think it looks totally different than it did before since you dont' have bangs. You're so preeetty...;)
By the way, the Taiwanese are quite blunt when it comes to things like appearances. I was told my hair looks like Ronald McDonald (it's short, too).
Ah well....
Actually, I really think your hair is cute short. I don't know if I've recently seen other pics of it short or I had a dream about this, but ... somehow, I already knew your hair was shorter.
Is that self portrait a painting or drawing that you did of yourself? If so, I am SUPER-impressed.
Also, I think everyone does haircut posts. Their kosher.
I meant "they're."
No, by self portrait, I meant I set up the camera and figured out the lighting and stuff. Its one of my favorite photos I did of myself. Ever since I got a digital, my pics have been less that professional.
Sarah...so are you actually in Taiwan now? Or are you referring to an earlier time?
She is in Taiwan, Tearese! You should e-mail her for her blog address/permission to view!
Love the short haircut. Very flattering... and it doesn't seem like a "mom cut".
thanks Jill.
Cardine: yeah, I had looked at Sarah's blog for the first entry, and she told me to look at it again but I forgot to until after I had written that comment. Then I felt silly!
How exciting for Sarah.
I actually like it better short.
Post a Comment