So I figured I would write a quick blurb about stuff going on with my life, even though its nothing especially exciting. Just to keep up to date, you know.
First, there is Elora and her new fascinating pastime. Elora has decided undressing is the funnest thing ever. We've taken to putting her in dresses during the week because she is less adept at removing this than she is her pants and shirt. This is one of the less explicit pictures I have, which I chose to protect innocent eyes!
The babysitter said she took her to a playgroup with other kids in our ward this week. While they were there, Elora took her pants off then put her hand in her diaper and said, "Poops?" But she wasn't really dirty. Silly girl. Good thing she doesn't do that when we're in nursery at church, or we'd have a room full of twenty little naked two-year-olds!
Most readers are aware of another focus in our lives right now. Last week we found out that we will be expecting a little boy in June. They also said the date is a week and a half earlier than was first predicted. So it will be here around June....15th maybe? Joseph's graduation is the eighth, my birthday is the 21st (the original due date) and we are scheduled to be moving a month later with my parents' help. That baby better come when it is supposed to, we are on a tight schedule!
I am somehow more nervous about this birth than the first one. I'm not sure if its all the stress with everything else going on, or the thought of unexpected circumstances, like the c-section last time!
Oh, and my dad wants me to name the baby after a demon (Cthulhu) instead of a bible name, because "bible names are stupid." This statement includes everything from Matthew, Jacob, and Timothy to Noah and Mark. My dad is extremely obnoxious....this is just a warning for anyone who ever meets him!
As I mentioned before, we are planning on moving in July. Joseph will be finishing his degree, and we've been deliberating for some time on where to go. Most of the Universities really close to us don't offer bachelors degrees in teaching. Well, the college he's been at does have an extension program through WWU, but we've already discovered theres no way we can afford to live here another year. Prices keep going up on everything, and our rent is going to be rediculously high next year!
Strangely enough, Joseph is the one who keeps suggesting church schools or Utah schools. I have been dead-set on staying in Washington for a while. We had finally settled on WSU, a school in Pullman, WA on the border with Idaho. Logically, it would be a great choice with its world-class programs and great scholarship opportunities.
Unfortunately, the logical choice isn't always the best choice in the long run. I was grateful that Joseph had eliminated BYUI and BYU out of his cache of choices, ( I just really didn't want to live there) but he still had Utah on his mind. In the end, after much deliberation and changing of both of our minds, we have settled on Utah State University in Logan.
I know, weird.
Everyone in his family is going to blame me for taking him away from them, but really it WAS his idea!
There are many reasons for this choice and it was very complicated, but in the end we both agreed this was the best. Now that we've pretty much settled on it (by 95% at least) I am feeling more excited all the time.
I've only been to Logan once to visit a friend, but I really did like it. Its close to Salt Lake, but not a part of the long chain of suburbia. Its also in a mountain valley and somewhat isolated. It reminds me of Cedar City where I grew up, but its bigger. Also, I almost chose to go to school there myself!
Logan, UtahTrue, its not as green as Washington. But theres a lot less crime, the school is good, and its about six hours from my family instead of twenty-two. Still far enough away, but not so far we can't visit for Thanksgiving. We'll just have to get snow tires, right? Plus, everyone else can visit me much more easily....if they don't mind screaming babies and everyone taking a nap in the afternoon (including me!)
Anyway, this is just a window into what we are doing right now in our little family. I hope everyone enjoyed the tour.
Anyway, this is just a window into what we are doing right now in our little family. I hope everyone enjoyed the tour.


9 comments:
Yay Logan! Of course now mom is going to see your babies more than mine and be biased. :( Oh well, I don't think Patrick is likely to sell our house and move his business to Utah anytime soon. ALso the pics of the sono and campuses didn't show up on my computer. Okay that's all. :)
kiera- pic of the sono? What? Sometimes other people's blog pics don't work on my computer but they will show up later. Maybe try again?
We probably won't see mom more than once or twice a year still....it will just cost less for us to go!
You know them...going to Logan to them is just as hard as going to Washington in their minds.
Ohhhhh. Sonogram, aka ultrasound. Okay, I get what you meant now.
This was a nice wrap up of our life. Elora is such a streaker-baby!
I'm so glad you're moving to Utah and closer to me! Maybe I'll actually make it up to visit you when you guys settle in.
Thanks for the catch-up and pictures!
Yay! Moving to Utah! Logan! Wahoo!
Great update! Thanks - I loved reading about you and your happenings. Also, Logan may be in my future as well. That would be fun! I'm not sure, yet. But, I will definitely let you know where I'll go next.
I can totally relate to being more scared the second time. My first baby was a unplanned c-section, and I worried about it the entire time with my second. I did tons of research about the pros and cons of VBACs, and finally decided to give it a try (mostly because I have always wanted a large family). My doctor discussed it with me at length and was very supportive of either decision. I held out until a week after my due date, but finally gave in and had a c-section. I guess VBACs get more risky past due dates. Everyone thought I was crazy for waiting so long, but I don't have any regrets. I was definitely more afraid going to the hospital knowing that I was going to have a c-section, but there are some benefits to it (especially for someone on such a tight schedule).
Thanks for the info, anon. its something to think about. My doctor talked to me at length too, and I was surprised that she advocates a VBAC (as all the nurses and other doctors have said they were sure I'd have to have another c-section). She told me tons of stuff that could go wrong either way, and it wasn't very encouraging! I will probably wait till last minute to truly make up my mind too. I just worry about healing time, and being able to pick up my daughter for bedtime. My husband works nights, so I don't know what I"ll do if I can't lift!
Post a Comment