As most of you know, little Joshua Joseph was born last Tuesday. His birth was an exciting VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean, for those of you not in the know) and he is doing well.
In comparison to my previous c-section, I am doing phenominally well too!
Elora is still adjusting.......
Today she threw her baby doll on his face because I told her to keep it away from him. Earlier this week she put her feet on his head because I told her to be careful around him. She squeezed his arm a couple of times because I told her she needs to be soft.
She's started crying outside the bathroom everytime I go in because I won't leave the door open for her anymore. (Believe me, that would be a bad idea right now.)
She threw a washcloth in the toilet for the first time, and has developed a high pitched scream that she tries to pass for crying.
In other words, she is still having a hard time.
But she can say, "Joshua" and she always asks where he is. So I guess she must like him a little bit.
11 comments:
What a cute family!
Congratulations!!!
How cute!
Congratulations! Hopefully Elora adjusts quickly.
Way back in high school we learned in psychology that there were certain ages where the kid would get jealous of having a younger sibling. I can't remember what age it was, but mabye that's Elora's age!
What I'm trying to say is that I think it's completely normal. Give Elora some hugs and kisses.
Oh, and lots of congratulations!!!!
Congrats! Cute pics! Thankfully kids have short memories. Pretty soon Elora will forget that he wasn't always there.
You guys really are a cute family! I'm so happy for you.
I've been told I had a hard time adjusting when my brother came (I'm the second child, so I wasn't used to having my parents to myself), but I've certainly gotten over it. :)
Elora, Elora, Joshua J. and Isabelle!....Elora, Elora, Joshua J. and Isabelle!.... I love that song. ;)
Congratulations! You make adorable children.
My 2 yr old dd developed that same scream right after we brought home our new son. Thankfully, she's eased up in her acting out now. Hopefully Elora does too, and soon!
thanks everyone. Yes, I think having a younger sibling has pushed Elora into the terrible twos a little early. Today someone gave her a pink poodle because they had sent presents to the baby too. She wasted no time in throwing that into the toilet as well!
And her diaper pail somehow ended up in my bedroom with miscellaneous papers stuffed inside. Luckily nothing important.
My Emma took awhile to adjust to Becca, acted similarly to Elora. Sorted itself out within the first month or two, and they're close friends now. =)
Post a Comment