- No one in my family will eat the heels from a loaf of bread. We always save them for a while, thinking there might be something we'll use them for- like French bread, maybe ? Inevitably, the breadbox becomes full of bread heels which are now either hard or moldy, and the huge pile of wasted bread ends up in the trash. Oh do I feel guilty. Can't I send them to Africa or something before they go bad?

- I really want to go to a ComicCon sometime. I mean really want to go. They always have those panels where the actors from sci-fi and fantasy shows talk about stuff. It would be so cool to go see the people from LOST (Hurley!), Stargate Universe, Warehouse 13, Doctor Who , Heroes, and all the other nerdy shows I watch with Joseph. Plus, I could get my picture taken with Darth Vadar!

But I wouldn't bring my kids. Too many weird people :)
- Everytime I try to make healthy food, Joseph doesn't like it. Stuff like mashed sweet potatoes, or a salsa mix dinner without meat in it, tomato soup, or even if I try to include carrots or an apple in his lunch instead of cookies. No way would he eat zucchini or squash! He'll eat a little, but then push it around with his fork and leave the rest. I told him if he dies 20 years before me because of bad health, I'm going to visit his grave everyday and yell at him and tell him its is own darn fault. He insisted that I was going to die first. Ha! Not likely.

- So the rule is ,when the baby is actually sleeping well at night, that means everyone else should get up several times around 2:30 AM to get mommy for drinks, bathroom, bad dreams, etc? Okay, just checking.
- I am excited to have Elora and Josh see my family again for Thanksgiving, as well as for Grandma (my mom) to see how much the baby has grown. I am NOT excited about sharing a room with all my kids for three days, and trying to get them to eat, go to bed, etc, at someone elses house. Plus, Elora or Josh seem to get sick almost every time we go on a long trip. Kind of glad we'll be staying home for Christmas this year!
- Lately whenever I think about moving, I get that song from Paint Your Wagon in my head, "Where am I goin' I don't know, when will I get there I aint certain all that I know is I am on my waaaay". And I wonder if we'll actually be moving anywhere. But thats just me worrying.

- I wish the kids still took naps so I could too.
9 comments:
I hear you about the naps! I feel the exact same way about life and where are we going and what are we going to do???? All questions left out of my control, oh yes, it is killing me! Good luck with Thanksgiving, with kids sleeping and such. My kids struggle with these things as well.
I think there is a vacuum for the middle of the night at your house. Baby doesn't cry? Fill that spot with something else. It's a universal law.
PS Maybe you could toss those bread heels into that middle of the night vacuum. Ha ha. Not funny, is it?
Oh man. Comic Con is so... so nerdy. But truly, it would be fun to experience.
Great post.
I didn't realize Clint Eastwood was in that movie. Wierd. I'd go to ComicCon with you. That's funny about Joseph and the healthy food.
When are you guys thinking of moving? I mean, I know the plan is when Joseph is finished with school, but when is that? I feel like the song's lyrics - have no idea where I'm going and when I'm leaving. Sigh.
ruth- it will all work out in the end! I'll let you know how Thanksgiving went.
Lynn-haha, it was a little funny!
Cardine- I think you would enjoy a comicon. Especially if you went with me.
kiera- I would totally go with you, because we'd probably want to see the same stuff, and make fun of the same things.
julie- Joseph graduates in December (the 11th!) but I don't think he has anything ready to be interviewed for a real job, not to mention the scarcity at this time of year. So we'll probably be here at least until next summer.
You can donate your bread heels to a starving college student... let me see if I can locate one for you.... :D
Ben is usually good to eat up our bread heels. I don't mind them either. Yeah, sorry about the other kids waking up when the baby has started sleeping well - that totally stinks!
Post a Comment