
Josh wasn't too sure about all this, but I think Elora had fun, even though it was freeeezing!

When we were ready for dinner, another family joined us, so there were six adults and eleven kids for the meal.

Even Jonah had a little friend! This chubby fellow is actually six days younger than Jonah. (So cute together. Man, Jonah really looks like me as a baby, the long skinny thing.)

After the dinner, the kids put on the nativity play. Our kids have never done this before, and weren't quite sure what was going on at first. They said Josh had agreed to be Joseph in the play, but I warned that he might not be so eager once he realized what he was supposed to do. Sure enough, when they tried to put a towel on his head, he cried and hid from everyone.
Later when he was getting grumpy about going home, someone asked Josh if he was on Santa's good list. In typical Joshua fashion he answered saucily, "NO I NOT! And I DON'T want any PRESENTS!" Yup, no psychological manipulation for my two-year-old.

Of course Jonah was jealous that he couldn't play Mary, or at least an angel. (And yes, he does have other outfits, but for some reason the last five days I took pictures of him he was wearing the same thing.)

When we got home, we were glad it wasn't too late to do our Christmas tradition. My mom made each of us married kids (so my sister and I) a copy of the book we always read in our family. It contains the traditional Luke 2 Christmas story, interspersed with Christmas songs. It is also supposed to have illustrations, but we haven't gone out and bought the set because it costs too much. And we keep forgetting.

And finally, it was Christmas morning! Everyone woke up after 8AM, for which I was very grateful! The kids got fancy church clothes (in the background) harmonicas and all kinds of fun stuff from Santa!

I was excited to open this special gift Joseph hung in the tree. I didn't care what it was, I just thought it very clever of him to make his own box and hang it in the tree like that. It turned out to be a nifty watch, and I also got a silver locket hidden in another ornament. Thanks Joseph!

I hope you had a merry Christmas too!
6 comments:
I love the picture of Jonah staring straight at me, and I love Joshua's Lightning McQueen pjs. Riley would be jealous! I'm glad you're Christmas was fun.
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Good luck with the coming months and making those BIG decisions!
I like Elora posing all coy with the towel on her head. Merry Christmas!
Your tree is so beautiful! I admire it every time I look towards your building! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas!
missy- yeah, someone else gave those pj's to us recently,and I thought it was funny because they match his pillowcase!
ruth-thanks!
kiera-yeah, she was being weird. She said she was a blue angel, which is funny because those are the stunt fliers in Seattle. but I guess you had to be there.
Katie-thanks! WE just got our tree this year, and we love it too.
Sounds like a super fun Christmas! I loved seeing your photos.
Post a Comment