First off, he can crawl very well now.

And when he's really in a hurry, he has some fancy high stepping moves! One of his favorite games is chasing mommy or Elora around by crawling after us as we peek out of different doorways around the house. He always squeals when he figures out where we've gone.

Around the time he started crawling (between 8 and 9 months?) he started pulling himself up on objects to stand! Unfortunately his favorite place to stand up is in the bathtub while he bathes with Elora and Josh. Usually if I say in a stern voice, "Sit down, Jonah," he will, but within 30 seconds he's back on his feet again! He can now cruise around the furniture, and balance for a few seconds without holding on at all.

He loves exploring new things, and often points at stuff and seems to ask questions..in baby talk of course. He always likes looking up at the leaves and talking about the trees when we're outside, and is excited by birds, cats and other outside animals.

Jonah likes music a lot! Some kids wiggle and shake to music, but Jonah prefers to lead it like an orchestra conductor...he usually starts out waving one finger, but as the tune gets louder, he will wave both arms enthusiastically, generally with both his pointer fingers extended. I guess it was a good idea to give him the middle name of August, from August Rush!

I don't know if I could say for sure that he says words yet, but there are some words he seems to be able to say....when we eat breakfast, he always says nanananana, because he gets bananas, when he's tired and wants to nurse he says mamama. When he sees you for the first time in the morning he says, "Hi!" And (best of all) when he's attacking and wiggling his fingers I swear it sounds like he's saying "tickletickletickle!" It's hilarious.

Jonah adores his brother and sister, and thinks Joshua is the funniest person in the world. He even likes when Elora tries to carry him around, even though mommy and daddy always get mad about it! In the morning he's the most excited when Elora and Joshua get up and come to see him. Oh, and when Elora opens the curtains. He loves that.

Like most babies, he loves banging on things to make noise, especially the washer and dryer. In the last few days he seems to have finally figured out how to throw things, it just remains to be seen if he loves throwing and kicking balls as much as Joshua does!

Yup, in just two months, our littlest guy will be a year old!
9 comments:
I can not believe how time flies! He is cute!
Wow he's so big! It's wierd how much they change in the first year and how fast it goes. Henry is crawling pretty well now and will go all over the house if we let him. I should write a post like this. I like your pics they're really pretty...I also like Jonah's superman curl in front. ;)
I think it's cool that you keep up with photos of your kids. It seems like parents quit taking so many of their kids with the more they have, but you are doing a great job of keeping up with all of them, and that's awesome!
He is such a cute baby! I can't believe he'll be one year old in just a couple of months! That first year really does go by so fast. Your pictures are great!
Wow! He's getting so big. I love these little snippets into your kids and their personalities, especially since I never get to see them. He's totally adorable!
He's so cute!
I think your children are really going to appreciate this blog someday. You're doing a good thing here.
thanks for everyone's comments. As for being good at taking my kids' pictures, I have to admit its often more about me wanting to try a new photography trick than me trying to keep a document of their lives. Well, maybe its a little of both...I'm kind of obsessive about filling up photo albums and my wall!
What fond memories this post gave me about my own little ones, now grown. Hi is darling. I loved the peek-a-boo game the most. What fun. Every child should be raised in a house like yours.
Post a Comment