Friday, May 21, 2010

Recently.....

Recently...Joseph gave blood. They had a few problems, stuck him half a dozen times, and still only got half a pint so they couldn't use it.



He was sore, to say the least.



Recently, we've gone on a few fun walks and hikes. Not as many as I'd like, due to bad weather or grumpy kids. Elora likes to be the mountain goat!



Jonah lounges in his smooth ride, enjoying all the views.



Recently, we went on a short walk just across the street and down the stream....


and found two families of baby ducks, along with their mothers! (Sorry, this was the best picture I got of one group.)



Recently, Uncle Thain came to visit! We had a swingin' time together.



And the kids enjoyed trying on his accessories,



as well as his new bike! (" It's not a bike, its a motorcycle, mom," as my kids like to tell me.)




Recently, we took Uncle Thain to sample some delicious local ice cream (and we didn't brush Elora's hair, thanks for noticing) ,



and we took him to explore our college campus and the pretty spring foliage.



Recently....... we've been having a lot of fun!


6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I love that picture of the kids on the A...it's awesome. I would print it and have it as a memorial to your time at USU. I also like Elora's bouffant hair in the pic with her and uncle Thain when she's in the purple shirt. you guys have all sorts of adventures at your house...can I come live with you?

Mellissa said...

Cute kids, and lots of fun, with the exception of the Joseph's arms! It's nice how much your kids enjoy visiting with your brother. Melanie enjoys when my brother Gregg comes to town. Even though he doesn't have a motorcycle! :)

Crystal said...

Ouch poor Joseph!!!! So, give me the scoop on Uncle Thain. I think he should come up here and take our Aunt Kacey on a date...... :) So fun!

tearese said...

era-thanks, thats a good idea. I've been meaning to get a wall pic of the three of them, maybe I'll use that one. Elora's hair is only bouffant because she probably layed down while her hair was back.

missy- yeah, he's great with the kids, but then they expect all uncles to act that way...and they don't.

crystal- hey good idea! Of course we don't know if they have anything in common....he's 24 and goes to BYU for one more year...kind of quiet around new people, went on his mission to Slovenia and teaches at the MTC. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I literally LOL'd about the "thanks for noticing" pic.

And that A photo with the kids is absolutely adorable!!

tearese said...

awe, thanks Sarah! We took a picture of the two of us on the A too, but the low angle was....lets say less than flattering, so I like the kid one better!