Monday, June 28, 2010

Matchy-matchy and other weighty matters

Elora and I were totally twins on Sunday. See, I got two yellow shirts on my birthday: one I had ordered for myself -pictured below- and one from my mom. Then on Saturday Elora and I were having a girls' afternoon out, hangin' at the D.I., and I found both her cute dress and my awesome white skirt!
Seriously, I've been looking for a white skirt that I like for about 5 years (or more) and I finally found this! It has another layer underneath, so it isn't too transparent, as far as I can tell. Plus it actually fits me (which is sometimes an issue when looking for things at a second hand store). Bonus: it still had all the tags on it...tags that indicate it probably cost a lot more originally than the $5 I spent on it! Woo hoo!
Anyway, I didn't intend to get matching stuff, it just worked out that way:





I was going to throw this second photo away, but it's so funny to me. Doesn't Josh (in this photo) remind you of John Candy's character at the beginning of the movie, Splash ?



Also as you may have gathered...it was my birthday last week! Which you would know if you're on Facebook, because it won't let you forget anyone's special day. This is me with the awesome cake Joseph made for me. Why yes, those candles DO say 22, how observant of you! Oh wait. That would mean I had Elora when I was like 18. Okay, I guess that works. Do you like my snazzy apron?




This is a closeup of the deliciousness, and just looking at it makes me want more!


In between the two layers is yet more whipped cream (yes, the real stuff) and cherries. mmmm.

Joseph was awesome making me stuff that day; he made homemade blueberry muffins with a special blueberry sauce for breakfast- he got the recipe from Pioneer Woman. Then for dinner he made spinach and mushroom manacotti!
While he was putting it all together, he kept making the funniest faces. I was trying to catch it on camera, but he usually saw me and started laughing:



But I did get a few choice expressions in my shots... trust me, there were even better faces that I WILL get on film someday! Bwwaaahahaha.



I should mention that Joshua's birthday went well over the previous weekend. He loved all of his presents, including bubble toys, a flashlight, and a magnifying glass!




He chose a red velvet cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles this year. Probably not the best choice, considering we think he reacts psychotically to red food dye, but fortunately he mostly just ate the frosting :).



Finally, Jonah is doing great at standing on his own. This is a rare pic we caught of him in his superhero guise! (note the cape.)

Don't you love his little curl tribute to Clark Kent?

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the skirt! Elora's jumper is very cute! The birthday cake looks delicious! My kids love their birthdays!!!

Rose said...

The skirt is cute! The cakes look yummy! Happy birthday to you and Joshua!

Chelle said...

You guys look great - I love the yellow, and the "matchy-matchy" works for this setting. Loved it, in fact. :) Happy Belated - I'm not always so good about catching up on FB, so I'll just send my wishes via Blogger instead! Oh and lucky you... your husband bakes an amazing cake.

Mellissa said...

I do love your white skirt! My niece always finds the cutest things at the D.I. I'm just not patient enough, because usually Riley is with me.

Your birthday cake looks absolutely delicious!

KieraAnne said...

I thought I commented on this...wierd. Well I did say: I like your skirt and your shoes! That looks like the best cake in the whole world, I wish Patrick would make me one...and Isabelle saw the pic of Jonah and was like; look! a superhero baby! It was funny.

tearese said...

thanks everyone!

Missy- I know, if I take everyone (especially Josh) it's impossible, because they won't stop running around. In fact the only thing that kept Elora happy was that I let her sit inside the racks of clothes while I looked through them. It probably bothered some people, but at least she wasn't running around!

kiera- yeah, that is funny.