Friday, June 11, 2010

Three!!!

Sweet little Joshie is three today, hooray! For some reason, it seems weirder than when Elora had her last birthday; its almost like I still see her as the three year old (she's almost five) and Josh is still my cute little baby boy. Or maybe its because it took so long for him to grow hair. Hmm. He certainly still has that cute baby face!
Anyway, indulge me for a minute (I know you've all seen these pictures several times before)...but its amazing to me to see how fast he's grown!

Meeting his sister was the first big event of his new life. (yeah, you've seen this like 20 times now. So.)



They share all kinds of experiences together! Hee hee.



He was daddy's buddy from the very beginning!



And to this day, our photo album is bursting with more photos of these two than any other duo!



Well, there might be quite a few of him and Elora hanging out...



Playing together slightly more often than they fight. Slightly.




My favorite pictures of Joshua to date are those from when he turned one. How can you resist those big brown eyes?



And he's still got those big brown baby eyes (and no hair) at 15 months!



He's even cute when he's crying. ..which he kind of does a lot. Ask his nursery teachers at church! Josh still has hard time being left somewhere without mommy or daddy, though he seems to do better when there is a male authority figure present. He is getting slowly better! After a week of swimming lessons this summer, he now only cries the first five minutes of class, as apposed to the whole half hour (as he did the first two days).



There's no doubt about it, we love our little brown eyed boy! (Though he won't admit it, daddy is especially partial to his little twin.)



Josh is always trying to be like daddy. He tells people "Now I'm big like daddy!" And, "Someday I will grow up and turn into daddy!"



Last summer when he was going through the terrible-two's (which probably had something to do with his baby brother being born) Josh did all kinds of naughty things his sister never thought of: squeezing toothpaste, shaving cream, dish soap, contact solution, body wash, etc. onto the floor almost every day. Seriously. But that little baby face saved him (from certain destruction) time and time again. We're so happy he seems to have outgrown most of his destructive tendencies a year later.


In the last year Josh has also accomplished something really big...he was completely potty trained (day and night) by February! He only ever has accidents when there are unusual circumstances, i.e. he's sick or something major is going on... maybe once every month or month and a half. (And its almost always right in front of the toilet, because he just can't get his pants down fast enough!)
People always mistake little Josh for already being three, because he speaks pretty well for his age, and is very tall! Sometimes he has a hard time because more is expected from him because people think he's older. I hope he'll be able to handle finally being a big three year old, and all the expectations that come with it.



But with his funny personality, I'm sure he can handle it. Happy birthday Josh!

7 comments:

Mellissa said...

A big happy birthday to your three-year-old! He is quite the handsome guy. I hope he has a great birthday!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

My favorite photo is shaving with Daddy. I'm glad they are such good friends. All the photos are darling. Happy Late Birthday.

Ruth said...

Happy birthday to Josh! I keep hoping my 3 yr old will stop with the terrible twos!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday Joshua!

KieraAnne said...

Yay Joshy! Happy Birthday

julie said...

Happy Birthday Josh! I hope you have a wonderful time being 3.

What a cute guy! I especially love that last photo of him.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I had to come all the way back down to this post because I loved the b&w photos so much.