Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Jonah!

This cool dude is turning one today, can you believe it? Its crazy to think it was a year a go today that I was sitting outside talking to a neighbor when my water broke, and I wasn't even in labor. Seven hours later, this little guy came into the world.



He's changed a bit in a year...for one thing, he was born with dark brown hair,

and now its long and blonde! We're trying to decide if it might even be strawberry blonde! His pretty blue eyes are often squinted in his serious face......



but just as often you can see him with a big smile (and his tongue sticking out of his mouth.) He loves playing with his big brother and sister, even though they knock him down all the time and Josh thinks its funny to put his feet (and other things) on Jonah's face. I guess he is getting the typical third child treatment.



This big boy has been walking for at least two weeks now! Neither of his siblings was walking this early, but I guess he has to if he wants to keep up with them. He also likes to climb on things, and we will often find him up on the couch, a chair, or a kids' bed where he climbed all on his own.



He's quite the adventurer! The other day we went to the park, and he decided he was leaving. He got this far before he started heading back toward us, silly boy.



Jonah loves when we go outside, he always talks about the trees, clouds, birds, and everything else we see. (Really, he's happy here.)



He still loves "leading" music; even when he's almost asleep if he hears music from somewhere, his arm will shoot up in the air and he'll start conducting. He was fascinated by the marching bands when we went to the parade on the Fourth.



This cute little guy has been growing all of his teeth the last few weeks so he could catch up to Elora and Josh. He had two just a few weeks ago, now he has six, with two more about to burst through! This doesn't make for a happy baby at bedtime, but he's still just as sweet during the day.


We hope you have a great day, birthday boy!

7 comments:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday Jonah!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a wonderful little boy, I guess he can't be called a baby anymore. That's kind of sad, don't you think?

KieraAnne said...

Your baby is so big! I still think it's wierd everytime I see a pic of him that he has blonde hair and blue eyes...I guess just because my kids coloring is so different. He has almost 8 teeth? That's crazy! Henry doesn't have any teeth yet...the other two had teeth by now, so hopefully there are some in there hiding. :)

julie said...

I hope he had a great birthday! He definitely takes after his older siblings - all three of them are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I think it's so cool that he has such an ear for rhythms and that he loves the outdoors.

tearese said...

Thanks everyone! Jonah had a pretty good birthday.
Lynne- I call all of them babies!

kiera- I know, every once in a while I think its weird too.

julie- awe, thanks!

sarah- I know, we'll have to have you come over and see him do his hand thing sometime!

Mellissa said...

I forgot that Carter and Jonah have the same birthday! Happy birthday to your babe with the gorgeous blue eyes! I hope he had a great first birthday!