So here's whats going on right now.
Joseph talked to the student housing people last week, and they initially said we could stay in our apt till Aug13, which was enough time to hear back from all the places we've applied so far. But then Tuesday, their boss called us and was very angry; apparently they were on vacation when we were given this info that we could stay, and they wanted to retract it, saying that wasn't enough time to get the apt ready for school. We were told we have to move out by the 30th again or pay exorbitant fees. She even had her boss call us a few hours later!
Tuesday evening Joseph got called for an interview in Garland, UT, and we thought our problems were solved. Unfortunately, they ended up hiring someone else and Joseph was crushed!
So, even though it is less than ideal, we are putting our things in storage hereand going down to my parents for a little while, as it feels like the only option right now. With any luck it will just be for a week or two...there are still jobs popping up and we're applying everyday, and there could always be an opening last minute! The saddest part to me is that I didn't get to say goodbye to a lot of people, because I wasn't expecting to leave!
I've been packing like crazy all this week (so if this post doesn't make any sense its because I typed it pretty fast during a break!) and we're moving out tomorrow. Unfortunately, my parents don't have internet in their home, so I will only be on here sporadically at best. Also, most blogs that I read are just bookmarked on my computer, and I don't have time right now to add them all to a reader...so you might not here from me for a while!
However, if anything changes, I will for sure rush down to the library and let everyone know! Thanks for all the support!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good luck. I'll miss you so I hope he gets a job right soon so you'll be back.
What a pain. The back-and-forth with the student housing people would have infuriated me!
I hope Joseph gets a job soon, but while you're in Cedar maybe some of us could get together?
Good luck with your move!
Oh no! I'm so sorry :( We'll definately miss you -- good luck with everything, and stay in touch!!
Crud! What a crummy situation! I hope he finds something soon!
Bye Tearese! Have fun in the basement! ;)
Good luck! I hope he finds a spot soon!!
Let us know when you guys are coming to pick up your stuff. Maybe we can help load and say good bye and good luck!
Post a Comment