
One of the days we were at Joseph's brother's house in Chewelah, WA, everyone was out of the house except for the kids and myself. It had been snowing the day before, and now the ground was covered with soft, wet snow, so different from the dry freezing snow of South Dakota. On top of that, the temperature was in the balmy 40's!
We just had to go out. Elora, who is always up for adventure, was thrilled. She was running around, climbing trees and exploring.

Joshua was ready to go back in after five minutes, but I just ignored him. In between the times where he whined about going inside the house, he entertained himself by walking around and looking at things in the yard.

Jonah, too, isn't a big fan of winter. He is always excited about going outside, but hates walking on the uneven snow, and after falling in it a few times, he wasn't very happy. While he spent most of the time sitting in the snow and crying, he did pause a few times to taste some of the refreshing snow.
I tried to get a picture of him with his sad face, but every time he noticed me with the camera, he'd stop crying and in a confused voice he'd say, "cheese?" It was so cute.

While the boys sulked, Elora and I made some snowmen; its the first time all winter we've had the right kind of snow, and its been warm enough to be out in it! There were no big sticks lying around, so we used some long weeds for hair and arms, and leaves for eyes and mouths.

When we had finished the snowmen, I decided it was time to go walk around the pretty field right next door. The fog and low-lying clouds were there almost every day we were there, it was beautiful! Josh temporarily forgot he was grumpy as he played around the fence posts.

And I was my usual dorky self trying to get a cool self-portrait:

Then it was time for a group picture in front of the fantastic scenery! Jonah thankfully stopped crying again when I held up the camera.....

but then Elora took off....

followed by Joshua...

and poor little Jonah wasn't happy about that at all! I only felt a little guilty for thinking the whole sequence of pictures about it were pretty funny, at least in retrospect.

We were very lucky to have such a beautiful day together!

4 comments:
Oh, that sequence of pictures is absolutely priceless! I would put them up for all to see if they were mine!
I love that kind of snow! Unfortunately it's been so darn cold here that the snow is probably similar to what you have in SD. Hopefully we'll get some snowman snow. I'm glad your kids (at least Elora) got to enjoy it. :)
Tearese,
Hey, this is Heather Weaver Englestead. Remember me?! You Mom teaches my son Dallas. She has been really good to him. I asked what you were up to and she gave me your blog. What a cute family!! Sounds like you are having quite the adventure! ND is beautiful! I loved your art! I was always jealous of your artisic abilities. I would love to hear from you! rockyfence@msn.com or my husband and I share facebook Markay Englestead
I love the picture sequence, as well. So funny! And beautiful and unique from an artistic standpoint as well. :)
missy- thanks, I'm glad you appreciate the pictures!
Heather- thanks for visiting! Yeah, my mom kept telling me that someone I knew had a kid in her class, but she couldn't ever remember your maiden name so I didn't know who it was. Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah-thanks!
Post a Comment