We're expecting a new addition to our family at the end of the summer! The due date should be around Sept. 7th, though if they follow in Joshua and Jonah's footsteps, they'll be born at least ten days early! Both Josh and Jonah were born on the exact days that I predicted, so for this baby my projected date is, um, August 28th!
I'm really hoping for a weekend here, as Joseph will be back to work and Elora will be starting kindergarten right around then...talk about a busy time of the year! I still haven't decided if I'm hoping we'll still be here, or that we will have moved by then.
If we move, that will mean me, 8 months pregnant, packing up our entire house, then unpacking our entire house, the hassle of changing insurance (because we would totally move to a different state) and all that stress.
Staying would be smarter financially, somewhat less stressful...and really, a place can't feel like home when you've lived there less than a year.
We've already encountered a few annoyances with having a baby in such a rural area. Like...the closest clinic is associated with a hospital 3 1/2 hours away. Doesn't work for me. Also, the OB who works there, only comes by every six weeks or so. That annoys me.
The second closest clinic is associated with a hospital 2 hours away, but I was told that hospital didn't have a good reputation. Well, according to the one lady I talked to.
I finally decided on a clinic in Spearfish, which is (wait for it) two hours away. I chose this place because A. all of the obgyns are women, which I prefer, and B. they have appointment times available on Fridays, so Joseph can drive me and watch my kids.
I may regret choosing a place so far away, but, what are you gonna do? Plus, the hospital is right next to the clinic so it's not too far for that final push (haha). Unless I have a labor faster than six hours, which is my usual time.
(Isn't this all so interesting? I knew it would be.)
Then there is my usual worry about what to do with the kids when its time. All our friends that live by us are school teachers, so they'll be at work, and the one lady at church who doesn't work full time lives an hour in the wrong direction. So yeah, that's why the weekend delivery would work great. Though I refuse to schedule an induction. Bad, bad, bad. I think babies should come when they're ready, even if it is terribly inconvenient.
Um, and...I had two boy names I really liked, and two friends on Facebook took them for their fourth babies just in the last few months. Which I guess proves that they're more popular than I realized, but I still like them. So for a boy, I'd have to come up with all new names (though we still kind of like Jude.) And for girls, I'm liking: Gracie, Bonnie, River, Rain, Ginny, and a handful of others.
So. Surprise!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh my gosh I'm so surprised! I had no idea! I can't even believe it! My own sister! *ahem* I mean....yeah that's cool. I'm glad I don't live so far from stuff...and that mines due in July since I was thinking of taking some classes next fall semester and that wouldn't work if I was due then. I was scheduled to be induced with Isabelle and was induced with James 'cuz they were both over a week late, so there! :P (yeah I know that's not what you meant, but still)
Again, congratulations! That's so exciting. New babies always are.
I know everybody gives advice with babies, but I'll just tell you, we moved, started a new job, and had Riley all within two weeks. It was not good at all.
Good luck with arranging all your stuff. At least you have 9 months or so to get it all arranged.
Congratulations!!! That is awesome! I hope your labor is long enough for you to get to the hospital, but not so long that... well... nobody wants too long of a labor, right? Yay!!!
Congrats again! The girl I worked with that had a baby last August wanted to name her baby Jude, but her husband would not do it. I like the name. I love the name Gracie for a girl, or any of the others you mentioned!
I hadn't heard! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope everything falls into place nicely (sorry, about that pun).
Congratulations!
I hope you can deal with everything okay with the long distances for health care providers. Good luck!
Congrats! Not that I'm advocating moving while pregnant (I've done at some point in the pregnancy and labor with all 3 of mine and I'm not planning on it for this one!) it did help me keep my weight down when we were packing, cleaning, moving, selling and buying a new house. At least it's in the summer/fall so you don't have to worry about traveling in snow!
I'm so happy for you guys! I like hearing all the details, so feel free to keep them coming!
Congratulations, Tearese!! That is wonderful news!! How are you feeling??
What a bummer about the distance to your doctors. :( I hope he/she comes on the weekend, too!
And holy cow--I love all your beautiful picture! The scenery, the incredibly adorable children--it's awesome!
thanks for the comments everyone! Kiera, yeah,I just mean scheduling early just for convenience sake...which probably wouldn't work for me anyway, since the last two came earlier than they would induce anyone.
Missy- yeah, I would be sooo stressed out doing all that; not good since I'm already super grumpy when I'm pregnant.
Rose-thanks!
Ruth- that's funny, at our house it's Joseph who likes the name Jude the best. We almost named Elora Gracie,but didn't because it was super popular at the time.
Sarah and Jill Thanks!
Tersa- hmm, I guess that could be a benefit. THough if extra weight is gained in my pregnancy it would probably already be there by that point. Yeah, no snow is definitely a bonus!
Julie-thanks, I will!
Heidi- thanks for stopping by! It's funny that I've had a baby right behind you the last few times. And thanks for the compliment!
A very belated congratulations to you guys! I saw something about it on FB but don't think I ever commented. That is crazy about the distance to a clinic, not to mention a hospital. Best wishes for a healthy, quick pregnancy!
Post a Comment