Yay Easter! We were afraid we wouldn't get to do much for Easter this year, but it actually turned out pretty fun!
We found out that there was an Easter Egg hunt in nearby Faith...but it took forever to find out when! There were signs posted outside all the businesses saying "The Easter Egg Hunt is in City Park", but none of the signs had a day or time. After asking at least half a dozen people, we found out it was on Saturday...one of the few nice sunny days of the week!
I learned later that the high school 4-H club was in charge of it, so I guess I can be more forgiving about the lack of info on their posters, if they were just high school students. Even though most high school students probably would have caught that. I'm just sayin'. Also, it is usually held at their rodeo grounds, which were swamped, so I supposed the signs were just informing of the change of location?
They had three age categories (the BEST way to have an egg hunt); I was with Elora in the 4-8 year old group that covered most of the park.
She had fun running around, but she kept flipping her basket as she ran, and three times I had to stop her so she could pick up her eggs, or she would have had none at the end!

After I shot a few pics of her (and got her to hold her basket straight) I rand down to the 1-3 year-old section, where Joseph was helping Josh and Jonah. This was in an enclosed horseshoe area, which was perfect for the little ones. I was afraid they'd be all done, but they were taking their leisurely time picking up the abundance of Easter treasure. Jonah thought finding eggs was awesome! He was so excited the whole time.

In the end, the boys both got around 15-20 eggs each, while Elora only got six. A lady told me they usually have way more kids in the younger category, but there were only six kids there this time. Hmm...maybe they were all waiting at the rodeo?
In each age category (the third group was kids age 9-12) there was also one egg that contained a prize slip, saying they'd won a big chocolate bunny. And our Jonah won one of them! I think he thought it was a toy, not food, and he refused to smile for the group picture, but they said he will be in the paper. So I hope someone at church saves us a copy of Jonah's first brush with fame.

Later that afternoon, we decorated our eggs. Daddy was concerned about dying his hands, thus the gloves.

However, Jonah wasn't concerned about dying his hands at all! Especially if it's green, his favorite color. He also wasn't concerned about breaking his eggs, as he wouldn't let anyone help him put them in the colors, and he invariably dropped them with a loud crack to the bottom of the bowl.
Eventually, we gave him a plastic egg to dye so he wouldn't break all of the eggs! He had a great time.

And there was only one crying fit for the afternoon, which resulted from Elora dropping her special egg where she'd drawn herself and mommy, with the word "friends" written on it. Oh, and she didn't like how the purple looked. So we did yellow, and she eventually calmed down.

In the end, we got a good looking bunch of eggs.

Then there was Easter morning! Jonah was ecstatic to find eggs again; this time he knew what was inside, and he wanted to stop each time, open the eggs, and eat the candy on the spot. It was hard to keep him moving so he could find all of his.
After church that day, we wanted to take some Easter pictures, since we didn't really do any last year. I had wanted to take some pictures at this spot every time we pass it, and we had the camera anyway because I was due for another "belly" picture this week.I knew the time of day wasn't very good for taking pictures, but there was no way I'd try to get everyone back in their nice clothes later in the day.
The kid ones turned out pretty cute:


Though all the family ones left a little to be desired! We took six pictures, and in every one the kids were squinting or making annoyed faces. The light wasn't that great either. Oh well...we'll take a new family picture in the Fall with the new baby anyway. Maybe we'll come here again?

However I was very happy with my pregnancy picture, it turned out just like I wanted!

Maybe it helped that I had Joseph pose first so I could get the camera just how I wanted it. (Don't tell Joseph I posted this...he wanted me to delete it. Shhhh!)

All in all, a great Easter weekend!
5 comments:
Great photos! I love the one of the kids running, where you're behind a tree. And the eggs/dye one is awesome. And the one of you is fantastic. They're all great!
I loved the Easter egg hunt in Panguitch. It was similar to yours where the kids have different age groups. Do you remember hunting for Easter eggs at the baseball field parks? I remember wanting to win a bike so bad!
Your pregnancy pictures is fantastic, and even though your kids might be squinting the pictures are still really cute.
Sarah- thanks! I like those pictures too.
Missy- I totally remember the egg hunts at the baseball field, it was so much better then! One time I won a windbreaker and Kiera won a yo-yo or something. They had some pretty cool prizes.
Hey Tearese!
This is Cory McKee!How are you? We miss you guys! We hope you are doing great! I love your blog! Check our our blog! The picture of Joseph is HILARIOUS!! I love it! Talk to you soon!
HEy Cory! Thanks for stopping by, it's been forever!
Post a Comment