Yesterday, it was cloudy- as it has been for several days now- but it wasn't cold and rainy, rather, it was hot and humid. Especially in our house!
So on the way to the mailbox, we went on a little walk to cool off. I brought my camera, hoping to capture some of the spectacular cloud formations, but my camera couldn't really do the sky justice.
I thought maybe we’d go see some cows or something, but on the way we were surprised by a strange creature jumping in the grass! At first, I couldn’t really see what it was.
I thought we had perhaps stumbled upon an injured bird or something. But when it jumped again, I got a closer look. A toad! I guess we live close enough to the Cheyenne River that some of the frogs could have spent the winter in the mud around our home? Or maybe the recent rain brought it to the neighborhood.
It wasn't jumping too fast, so we were able to pick it up, and pet the cute little guy. Awww. Who wouldn't love a face like that?
But then I had to get all the kids away from him before they all decided they should hold it and squish it and pet it and call it George. So we did go to find some cows in the end.
"Wait, these aren't cows, they're dandylions! What's the big deal?"
"Hello cows, where are you?"
"Maybe on the other side of the track field."
There they are!
And look, we got some cool clouds in the background after all.
"Mooooo!"








4 comments:
Yay cows!!! We found a frog or toad or something at Patrick's sisters house a few weeks ago. Isabelle and one of her cousins kissed it 'cuz the boys told them to. Isabelle wanted to bring it home and keep it in a box and name it froggy. She was very sad we made her let it go.
Awesome photos! (Do you get tired of hearing that?) Seriously... so great... I love cow pictures. And sky pictures. And kid pictures. And frog pictures.
Can't wait to see all this stuff in real life!!
A toad, how fun! When we moved to Panguitch we were close enought to that little river there that salamanders were very common. We found one in our basement, and he/she was so cute! I love frogs, toads, salamanders, all those little wet and slimy creatures.
It is beautiful where you are in the spring. I know it's out there in the middle of nowhere, but you seem to capture the beauty not the nothing. :)
Yeah, Elora and Josh keep asking why we can't keep the frogs too. We found two baby ones and another big one the next day.
Sarah, I hope we get to see some fun stuff when you're here, and it's not just stormy!
Missy- that sounds fun!I used to own two turtles; all those kinds of animals are very cute.
Post a Comment