Just about two years ago, we got our cute 3rd little addition to our family! His hair was dark, his eyes were bright, and his eyebrow was cocked mischievously, even then.
![]() | |
| last name blurred intentionally |
A few months later, we saw his eyes were going to be blue, and we fell more in love.
And six months later, his hair started to show it's true colors...blonde! We were also learning that he was a little smarty-pants with a sense of humor.
Last year, our little Jonah celebrated his first birthday, just a week or so before we had to move to a new home. He was so big!
And now he has officially turned two years old! As is usually the case for this year of life, our little Jonah has grown a ton! He is as sweet and cute and ever, but he always makes such a serious face when I try to get his picture- even when surrounded by his birthday balloons!
![]() |
| seriously, I swear he's been practicing his "nonchalant" teenage face. He even rolls his eyes at me! |
Luckily, when he doesn't know I'm there, I can still catch him smiling...
![]() |
| yay balloon fight! |
And even though he often kept a straight face, he loved that he got to do all the things his big brother did on his birthday last month. From the balloons, to the cake...
to the traditional waterbottle bequeathed on one's second birthday in our home (they work much better for car trips than a sippy cup does.) Jonah got green, because it's his favorite color!
He got tons of presents (I swear we always go a little overboard) but he seemed happy with them all. His most favorite present (initially) were these pull-apart cars from grandma. He even neglected his cake so he could repeatedly put them together and pull them apart again. It was so funny how fast he was doing it; it was like he was stripping down a gun or something, then he'd raise his hands in the air, push it away, and grab another car. Silly boy.
The most a-typical present he got was this cowboy hat- I vowed never to let my kids wear cowboy stuff, but hey, we're in South Dakota, and he's two, okay? But I'm sure my dad will make fun of him if he ever wears it to visit them...but at least he loves in right now!
And it matches his Superman pajamas! Which he wants to wear every night, even though it's way too hot.
And his biggest 'big boy' present was a t-ball set! We've only played with it once so far, because Jonah had a hard time with the concept of sharing and taking turns. But our kids are a little sports-deficient (probably because their parents are) so we're really gonna try to bring it out a few more times this summer.
The most a-typical present he got was this cowboy hat- I vowed never to let my kids wear cowboy stuff, but hey, we're in South Dakota, and he's two, okay? But I'm sure my dad will make fun of him if he ever wears it to visit them...but at least he loves in right now!
And it matches his Superman pajamas! Which he wants to wear every night, even though it's way too hot.
And his biggest 'big boy' present was a t-ball set! We've only played with it once so far, because Jonah had a hard time with the concept of sharing and taking turns. But our kids are a little sports-deficient (probably because their parents are) so we're really gonna try to bring it out a few more times this summer.
Happy Birthday, Jonah!












4 comments:
I love the cowboy hat! So cute! :)
Happy Birthday Jonah! It sounds like he had a great day with wonderful presents. He's such a cute guy!
Sarah and Julie- thanks for commenting! I know, you can't help but love the hat on a kid that little. He had a great day!
I'm rather in love with the little guy too. Your children are really beautiful.
Post a Comment