Friday, July 15, 2011

Water fun

It seems one of the most defining features of summertime is playing in water. Last year we were lucky to have swimming lessons for all of the kids at the Logan Aquatic Center. This year we don't live anywhere near a pool, but we've still have a lot of fun with H2O!
First off, the fish hatchery in Spearfish is finally completely functional! We got to watch the fish swimming around us, then we got to go out and feed them, along with the ducks.




Spearfish has become our monthly outing, since that is where my obgyn is located, and now we get to go every two weeks! It's been fun discovering new things to see. One week, we spent some time at this pretty little memorial park while daddy was at the dentist. It had a very pretty waterfall.




Jonah and Josh especially liked throwing rocks in the water, though I don't think they were supposed to.



At home we've discovered some new fun too. We bought our first hose, and daddy treated all the kids to a little shower one particularly hot day:





 Grandma also bought us a fun water toy, as sort of a late birthday present for Joshua. Our water presure doesn't seem to be strong enough for it to spray out and spin like it is supposed to, but that didn't stop everyone from having a great time!



And even though there is no pool here, we did get to have some fun visiting the new Aquatic Center at Grandma's house when we visited earlier this month! 
There was a ton of fun stuff there for kids. Elora even tried the big hydrotube with daddy and uncle Thain; they all had a blast!Too bad my camera couldn't capture them coming out of the tube...oh well.


 
trying the water for the first time.

Joshua loved all the contraptions for catching and directing water, as well as the built-in squirt guns. In fact, I had to wrestle him away more than once because he was about to start a fight with some other kids over it!


Jonah loved everything! He didn't even mind almost drowning like ten times.







 We had lots of fun!

5 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Yay swimming! I should post pics from when we went...then you can see my cute maternity swimsuit. ;) Where is the aquatic center at?

Mellissa said...

Your pictures are great, as usual. That waterfall is really great; the green in the water is amazing.

We love the Aquatic Center here. We bought a month pass this summer and went several times. When our pass ran out, I bought a little inflatable kiddie pool for our patio and the boys have had just as much fun out there as they had at the Aquatic Center.

I can't believe your visiting your ob/gyn every two weeks! That's exciting! Do you have a name picked out yet?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Your kids will never forget these times. I'm so happy to "know" a family who goes to such lengths to have fun. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Man, that makes me want to go swimming... or run through a sprinkler... or jump on a trampoline with sprinkler under it like I did in the good ol' days.

Great pics!

tearese said...

kiera- I want to see your suit...I've never had a maternity swimsuit, that's why I always have to wear a tank top over it, because it won't go all the way down.
missy- thanks. Yeah, that aquatic center is way nicer than the pool when we were kids. My kids would love a wading pool, I'd just worry about it blowing away in a wind storm! Yeah, we think we have a name, but I'm not 100% on it so we'll wait and see.
Lynne-thanks! I don't feel like we do very much fun stuff, it's just those are the only things I write about so it just seems like it!
Sarah- that does sound fun!