A week or so ago, we took Jonah's two-year-old pictures! I always feel bad because I somehow always miss doing official photos of Joshua, but part of that is he is so hard to capture that I usually end up using some chance picture I took around his birthday. For instance, this year I think I'll use one of those when we were looking at wildflowers, because he was pretty cute.
Jonah, however, is like Elora: he likes to have his picture taken (so far) and is generally pretty cooperative. I knew I wanted pictures with his new cowboy hat, because he loved it so much, but I didn't want him to look like an actual cowboy...because well, we're not. I didn't really plan ahead on what he should wear, so I kind of like his shirt because it's his favorite color, but I also kind of wish I'd chosen something that went with the hat better. But it works!
We went to the rodeo grounds (right by the pow-wow grounds) because I thought it was suitable for the theme.
I was afraid he'd be taking his hat off all the time...
but even though it made him sweaty, he wanted it back on his head whenever it came off- he really likes it!
At first we took some pictures around the fences and gates:

They turned out okay, but the light was a little glaring (despite the cloud cover) and he was getting mad at me and wanted to get down. (Yep, that's how I got him to hold still...put him in positions where he can't get down himself!) Then we found the perfect spot, up in the observatory booth (is that what you call it?) where we found not only a paint splattered wall, but also a little stool where I could set him for our pictures! We got a bunch of grumpy ones where he kept saying, "I done now! I done now! I get down!".....
But then I got him talking and singing and he warmed up a bit. We got some shy pictures (I like the black and white one best),
and some sweet pictures, ( I love the thoughtful one down in the right bottom corner).
When he really was getting tired of sitting there so long, I let him sit up on the window ledge, or whatever it's called. A lot of these were cute- I liked the fence in the background- but the light was being weird again and it was hard to get a good balance of the foreground and background details.
Then it came time to narrow them down! The hardest part. I went from about 90 to 50, then to about 25 before I started editing. I know I'll still print way too many, but the following are my favorites for his big wall picture for the year, as they all show his personality:
And out of these, there are probably three that I like the very best. I think I know which one I'm going to use (though I can't promise others in this group won't end up on the wall too). Which ones would you choose?












6 comments:
I like the second from the bottom best for a big wall picture. You should come take pics of my kids so they'll be cute. ;)
So great! It makes me want to get out there and take pictures of my kids...which I should totally do now that they've had haircuts. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...
Anyway, if I HAD to choose, it would be a tie between two of them. I like the third one down - his eyes are beautifully bright in this one. I also like the fifth one, becuause of the attitude in the picture.
Again, they're so great! Any pointers for taking pictures of my crazy children? :)
kiera- yeah, that's the one we're getting.
missy- I think the one you're talking about (with the eyes) is the other one I almost picked. And the attitude one at the bottom is my parents' favorite, hands down.
I have no pointers for other people's kids, that's why I'd be terrified of taking other family's pictures! I say get them distracted...talking about something, looking at something, make them laugh..anything so they're not thinking about the camera. Good luck!
I like his smile in the first one but I also like the attitude in the fifth one. He looks so great in all of them!
I like all of them. So cute!
Sorry, I can't help you decide. Wow, those are great photos! I love his expression in that last one! Ha!
Post a Comment