Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Still Waiting

So, if you're wondering who won the poll on when the baby would be born, it definitely wasn't me. That date was last week!
Here is another picture, taken under a bridge at a pretty park in Spearfish last week.  Me at 38.5 weeks.

 
































Last time we came here I didn't have a camera, so I was happy to be able to get some pictures of this place finally,

 















but really, I'd be okay if I don't have to take anymore this week.

If you've noticed Jonah wearing these red pants in half of our pictures, that just means his diaper leaked again...they're the ones we always bring with us in the car, "just in case!"

 Unless they're newborn baby pictures.
It's not that I want the baby to come earlier than it's ready, its just the longer it takes, the more irritable I become! Why? Because first of all, I can't afford to keep paying for gas every week into Spearfish. It's great that we have somewhere to go and something to do, but it's killing our finances! For another thing, Elora starts school next week, and I'm worried that if the baby comes on it's due date or later, we'll mess up her first day, which I really don't want to do. Finally, I hate how at the end of a pregnancy, it's all anyone wants to talk to you about. "How are you feeling? It's not here yet? We've been waiting anxiously to here the news!" It's great that people are showing their support, but I always feel like I've somehow disappointed everyone by not having the baby for them yet. Plus, I hate waiting.

6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I like that pic of you by the stream, it's pretty. Sorry everyone is annoying...I remember that. You know...back when I was pregnant...way back in the day. ;)

julie said...

I have been wondering...but I didn't want to be annoying. :) I love the pictures, you look wonderful, and the place is so pretty. What a nice place to go.

I hope everything works out timing-wise!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember which day I voted for... the due date? Hmmm... just cuz I don't remember my guess, does not mean I don't care. :)

Hope everything works out perfectly. It will.

Chelle said...

Hang in there! On the plus side, your pictures are absolutely ethereal and it makes every post so magical. I hope this doesn't sound totally weird, but you totally rock the pregnant body - you look amazing!

Mellissa said...

You look great by the bridge.

I will not ask you annoying questions, instead they shall be random questions. Like, what size are your shoes, do you like broccoli, did you use the word perpendicular today? Much more interesting, eh? :)

tearese said...

kiera-thanks, I like it too. Yeah, when were you pregnant again? ;)
julie-don't worry, you're not annoying...it's okay to be wondering if you don't see me all the time :)
sarah- I think you did vote for the due date...maybe you'll win?
Chelle-thanks! I liked the pictures here too; at least pregnancy gives me an excuse to take pictures of myself at pretty places.
missy- thanks. Size 9 or 9.5, yes but we never eat it because Joseph hates the smell of it, not yet. Hehe.