With Eli, he also just suddenly seems so much bigger. He's been such a shrimp, well below the 5th percentile for a while, which was a little scary, but now he is finally filling out and growing! He looks a lot like Elora at six months too, which is a little weird. Check it out, this is Elora at six months:
Okay, now I have to post pictures of everyone. Cause I'm the mom and I can. Here is Jonah...wait a minute, THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE!

And no, I don't have a six-monther of Josh,but here is a very cute nine-month old!
Okay, now that we've taken care of that trip down memory lane we can see Elijah! As you can see, I've become fond of the sheet background for the six-month picture; it's just easy. Although, when I look at these I realize, wow I should have ironed those sheets. This time, I actually pulled down the curtains in Jonah's room to use as the backdrop, because I just love the blue gingham.
And I know these pictures aren't that exciting to those who aren't Eli's mother (everyone but me), and may all look the same to you, but I have a really hard time picking one to hang up. Not only are there the different expressions (well, different to me) but I can't decide whether I like the faded edges, plain edges, or the faded picture style best...I have made all three versions of most of these and still can't decide. Which do you think is best? (And some of these may look blown out (too bright) but I did that on purpose, since my pictures always seem to get printed too dark, and I want to see if it makes a difference.)
I have several close-ups:
![]() |
| the conservative smile |
![]() |
| the happy smile but not at the camera (with faded edges) |
![]() |
| the tongue (with faded edges) |
![]() |
| the finger. So to speak. (faded edges) |
![]() |
| looking up (faded edges) |
![]() |
| the psycho-cute smile (no fade in this version, but I have one) |
![]() |
| cute smile (with faded edge, that may be overdone?) |
Then I love these where he has his sock, of which I did like four versions. This is the one example of the "faded picture" I was talking about. I like it, but I also love those bright colors in the others. Do you like this style?
![]() |
| which version of "The sock" do you like best? I've got to print one of them for sure. |
Thanks!










5 comments:
Oh heavens! They're all so cute! I like looking up, the psycho-cute smile, the cute smile, and I love the faded one where he's got the sock! I do like the pictures that are closer up. Personally, I'd crop the psycho-cute smile for the wall photo, but the faded one with the sock has to be up somewhere!
And please, never apologize for posting pictures on your blog! You do such good work, and it's so fun to see what you've done.
My favorite is the psycho-cute smile. And I liked the faded-edge look. And I like all the bright colors in the photos, so I would go with the last sock photo. So cute!!
I wish I were unique, but I'm not...I like the pyscho-cute smile picture the best, too.
And, I also agree with Missy, don't ever apologize about posting pictures! I love that I get to see what you're seeing, whether it's your kids' darling faces or the area around your house.
I like the washed out version of "the sock" and the "cute smile" with maybe less faded edges.
Awwww : ) I like the washed out sock picture too! ..... This is me commenting ; )
Post a Comment