I've been trying to make some goals to work on my art more often. I wanted to do a portrait of Elijah, since he didn't have one yet for our wall. I also need to do a new one for Joshua, since his is from when he was two years old! I want to work on learning watercolor more, a goal which will probably not be fully realized until I live somewhere where I can take a class on it or something...but I can still practice. And I wanted to find more subjects on which to use my markers.
I was pleased to get a few of these done in the last few weeks!
First, here is Elijah's portrait. When we took these pictures a few weeks ago, I knew I'd found the perfect photos to use! The photo of this drawing isn't crooked, I just didn't draw it perfectly rectangular.
 |
| 5x7ish" pencil. I can't even explain how much better it looks in real life |
A week or two before that, I did a watercolor of an old photo from the last time we went to Moab. It's not great (I really hate how the person turned out) but it was good practice, and it was fun trying out the pen with the watercolor again.
 |
| 5x7" watercolor |
Finally I finished a drawing I was really pleased with. This was with marker and pen. I was working from a drawing I did about 10 years ago, as well as some photos of logs on the beach on Bainbridge, WA. Then I found some photos of sunsets online, and combined some of my favorites. This one too looks better in life than in this digital reproduction.
 |
| 11x14" marker and ink |
This is the original drawing that I loved so much from 2001. I actually like some of the composition better in this original one (like the angles of the logs) , but for the color version I was trying to look at pictures of real logs so it'd be more realistic.
 |
| Pen, 8.5x5.5" |
2 comments:
Oooh! Very nice! I think you do a marvelous job with capturing the light in eyes. And I like the detail of the logs.
I think it's great that you're trying to focus more on your art. It's good for you and it shows your kids how important it is to do things you love.
I love the portrait of Elijah and agree with Sarah about the light in his eyes. Very well done!
Post a Comment