Drip drip drop little April showers...
This last month we've taken a lot of pictures, but I haven't had time to post about things, so now I present a hodgepodge of April's images, with just a smattering of March.In completely random order, just to keep you on your toes.
![]() |
| Look! You can see me taking pictures of Eli! I thought this was cool. |
Earlier this month we went to walk around Buffalo lake, where last year we took some picnic pictures and maternity shots. It's not really green yet, but we got some fun pictures this time too. Elora and Jonah were playing around the old car, and I had fun trying out different effects on the photos:
![]() |
| I love how the blue of the sky looks in this bright one |
![]() |
| I think black and white works well for these as well! |
![]() |
| But I loved these old faded ones best of all. |
![]() |
| This is from that same day, just a few yards away. I love how this almost looks like a painting. |
In March, Joseph and I actually went on a date! We went to see the Hunger Games (we read it a year ago), and we brought Eli with us. He was being a little scrumbly bum and not cooperating at the theater, so I stood in the entrance with him through most of the movie, but I could still see the screen so I didn't mind. We took some pictures before the movie..I thought I was standing at a good angle, but instead I turned out looking frumpy. At least Eli and Joseph look cute!
Afterward, we went to a fifties themed diner called, "Arnolds." Eli loved it! Each table had a quarter operated jukebox and there was music playing the whole time. Elijah was bopping and giggling the whole time. The food was sort of meh, but the atmosphere was fun!
![]() |
| I love that they made the sign font just like on "Happy Days." The parking lot wasn't that exciting though. |
![]() |
| Joseph being ruggedly handsome. |
![]() |
| yeah, daddy-o! |
This month Jonah officially became a big boy..he's potty trained! Well, at least for the day. He still needs to work on naps and bedtime for now. Unfortunately, this means that when we drive somewhere that he might fall asleep on the way, we should probably still give him a pull-up, just in case. (The two hour trip to the dentist this weekend taught us that.)
This was Jonah putting his own underwear on. Not bad, right? :)
![]() |
| What? You don't like my loincloth? |
A few weeks ago we went to the park in Faith. Elora climbed to the very top of a tree and couldn't get down! I had to stand under the tree and tell her how to get down step by step. She was pretty high!
![]() |
| yes mommy, I know there is a power line right next to me. Why are you freaking out? |
![]() |
| Oh wait. How do I get down now? |
While there, I was trying to get a picture of all the kids swinging in a row, but there was always at least one person out of sync when I took the shot. This was the best one...look at Eli's cute smile!
![]() |
| Whaz up! |
Oh, and of course the biggest event of April: Easter! We went to town for the egg hunt there, and it was freezing and windy! Everyone was out of there pretty quickly after it was over. The kids took shelter in the car to start in on their candy.

Afterwards, we decorated our eggs at home.
![]() |
| Yeah, I saw the marker idea on Pinterest. |
We had our own hunt Easter morning,

and Eli loved his basket.

Or at least the grass.
After church we had a special treat, when some friends from church invited us to their house to spend the day with them and their grandchildren. Every one had a lot of fun! Elora loved the trampoline, and hit herself in the face with her knee, resulting in her fifth lost tooth. Good thing it was already really loose! Josh liked it for a while too, but eventually became the scared kid that everyone is annoyed at, telling them all to stop jumping so he can get up.
![]() |
| She's flying away! |
Finally, two of the most recent and my most favorite pictures from April. Joseph playing in the water with Eli, and Joseph flying a kite with the kids. Joseph has been trying to schedule a half hour of "daddy time" with each kid every week. They get to pick the activity, and spend time with daddy. Usually it goes pretty good, though we've discovered Joshua freaks out whenever daddy has his time with someone else...he will literally scream and cry the entire time if they go in a room and lock the door without him. So we need to work on that! But some of the best "daddy times" are these unscheduled moments when the kids and daddy just have fun together!
![]() |
| I have way too many of these pictures that I'd love to frame and hang..I don't have anymore wall space! |
![]() |
| There it goes! |



















4 comments:
Wow! So fun!! I love the kite one at the end -- what a shot!!
Also, will you give me pointers on how to make the faded photos? I might play around with that technique for an upcoming mailing-type-thing that I'm working on. ;)
GREAT pics!! This was a fun post.
I love that you take so many pictures. It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe if I took more pictures I wouldn't have to write so much!
I love the last two pictures!
James saw this and was all; "Their car got broke! It won't drive anymore huh?
sarah-Yeah, the kite one would be fun as a big print!
julie-thanks..I like your writing though; I should probably do more of it!
kiera- that's funny.
Post a Comment