Monday, September 10, 2012

cheating a little: one year photos

   So I've been meaning to get out and take some cute one-year-old pictures of Eli. But the time of day never seems right, or he doesn't feel good, or I can't think of a really unique place to go (because really,. I think we've about exhausted our scenery possibilites here).
   So I thought about using one of the handful of outside photos I took on his birthday. He didn't have a super huge smile in either of them, and there wasn't any beautiful lighting or breathtaking scenery. But the colors were nice, he was looking at the camera, and dang was it hard to get him to sit stll just for that few seconds! Plus, it was actually taken on his birthday so it was a true snapshot of him at age one.
   I remembered this cool idea I saw on pinterest that would work perfectly for this photo too. Basically, you pose the kid against a wall or another blank space, then you write a bunch of facts about their personality or things they've done that year. I don't want to do this idea every year, but I think I might do it at least once for each of my kids. I figure I'll take some more, nicer pictures of Eli for his smaller wall photos in a few months, when he can stand better and I have a better idea of where to take them. Meanwhile, this will be his lovely 8x10. I've already thought of a few more words I might want to include (I might need to mention that he gives big hugs) but this is basically how it will look.
I did like his facial expression a little better in the other picture I took, but the way he was sitting in the frame just didn't work for this idea.
In these three versions, I've only changed the texture of the background. Which one do you like best: lighter, darker, or more vivid blue? Is it hard to read the orange?











5 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I like the first one the best and then the blue one at the bottom. That's a cute idea I haven't seen before. If I ever bothered to print pictures and put them on the wall I would do that.

tearese said...

kiera- yeah, I thought I had pinned it so I went back to see what stuff they'd written in the example, but I didn't have it so I guess I just saw it a million times and didn't click on it. Yeah, the middle one is the original one, but then I was messing around and saw the others probably looked better. Right now I'm leaning toward the lighter one.

julie said...

I like the first one best, though I have no explanation as to why. It just looks nice. This is a way cute idea!

Unknown said...

I like the first one best, mostly because I can read the text best in that one, but the bright blue on the last one is great if you can get the text to be easier to read. It's a really cute idea, and I loved these photos from the ones you recently posted. He's a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree, the first one! Looks very nice!