But this February, it looks a little different. I decided to let it grow somewhat longer than I ever had before. He was such a cute little bug with a big poofball on his head! I call him my little seventies boy, with his hair down over his ears and sweeping his neck.

Lately though, the hair has been crossing the line between adorable and girly and messy. It looks sweet right after it's been washed, but once he's slept on it, it is down hill from there.
I didn't want to do a super close crop like I usually do, in fact I'd prefer a longer cut in general, but I'm not exactly skilled in the haircut department. But I thought I'd try. We snipped all the cute curls
and feathered locks with scissors this time, just finishing up with the buzzer/clippers.
And it's not too bad, actually. Much trimmer in the back:
And so slick in the front!
Jonah was pretty happy with his new cut too!
Of course, considering that he has a natural part on the left, but a huge cowlick on the right, his hair isn't going to stay combed like this for long.
But he's still a mighty handsome boy! True Story.
The end.







4 comments:
Your haircut job looks pretty good. I hate cutting hair. Hate it. But it saves money so I do it anyway. I've been cutting Ben's hair for so long that his is second nature, but the boys are trickier, especially Riley who has stick-straight hair, and so any little oops from me is highly visible. Oh well!
Good job! I always try to do it longer on top and shorter on the sides, but have never gotten quite right yet. James's hair is very forgiving as it is so thick, but Henry has really fine hair and you can totally see all the places where I butcher it. But he's only three so hopefully he doesn't care too much yet. My goal is to be able to do it well enough by the time they're old enough to be embarrassed by it that they won't be.
I like your true story! :)
Wow! All the roles Mom gets to play! I didn't realize cutting hair was one of them. Looks like you did a good job on this one.
Post a Comment