Thursday, July 11, 2013

baby haircut

So Eli has had some pretty sweet curls. I've left his hair long for a longer time than any of the other boys, because his curls were just so angelic. I was kind of hoping to leave them till he was two, so he could have some fancy two-year-old photos with his curly locks. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Now it is summer, and summer means hot and sticky. Curls aren't that cute when they're matted to your forehead and neck!
The other day, I was messing around and decided to put Eli's hair up to get it off his neck. Yes, we could now see he needed a haircut-he could too easily pass for a cute little girl!




















So the next day, out came the haircut apron! I didn't feel quite ready to pull out the shears and completely buzz his head, but we got it pretty short anyway.


The front: Before























Eli was actually thrilled to be in the "barbers chair" ; whenever we cut the other boys' hair he is always anxious to join in.

Back: before

























Eli's not sure if he wants to show you the 'after' pictures!


 
 





















Oh all right, here it is! Yeah, don't ask me about the way his hair is combed, daddy thought he was making it nice for the pictures.


 

























Eli seems to agree that he's quite handsome. Look at that face.

























Now when he sees pictures of himself, he thinks it's Jonah!



 

 
What a cute boy!

5 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Wow his hair is really blonde! I wish my kids came in different colors like yours do. ;) I like his hair, too bad William doesn't have any to post.

tearese said...

Kiera, wat are you talking about, I saw that curl on William's head. He's a total hippie!

julie said...

I love that you cut your kids' hair! I just started shaving Steve's head for him after years of asking him if I could. Maybe I'll learn how to cut boys hair, too, for when our little one needs a hair cut. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I'm not having a girl - I don't know how to do hair!

Cute kid!!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the hair cut! He looks adorable.

Sarah said...

Loved the pigtails! ;)