Monday, July 01, 2013

Josh's Six Year Pics

Summer is birthday time at our house; Joshua just turned six, ( a week before my birthday), Jonah will be four this month, and  Eli will be two in August!
We just took Joshua's annual birthday pictures a few weeks ago, and they didn't turn out half bad. Of course, we had to bribe him to wear nice clothes (so at least they looked a little special) but when I finally got him outside he had some fun.
I let him bring his sunglasses to keep him happy, but I was able to get him to take them off after we snapped a few photos with them.
 
A.
 
The trick to taking good pictures of Joshua, is to let him be really goofy, then to act shocked and surprised at how silly he is. He is always so tickled that he got a reaction out of me, that he can't help laughing and grinning afterwards. Works everytime!
Our plan for the day was to head over to a big bunch of sunflowers that had sprung up that week.
We did a few just to figure out where I wanted him to be,
 
B.
 
 
Then he commenced his goofiness! We got several that I really think captured his personality.
 
C.
 
Out of this group, I like the top left the best.
Top right is good too, but slightly out of focus.
 
D.
 
out of this group I like the two on the right the best.
Or maybe the bottom left?
 
We took a little break from the flowers and walked over to a wind shelter wall. I like these pictures because the light is so even- while I love the bright backlighting most of the time, it rarely prints like it looks on the screen, mostly because I don't want to pay for an expensive printing service. These would print fairly close to what they look like here. I would hope. I love Josh's big eyes in the bottom, and his cute smile on the top. The top one, he didn't know I was still taking a picture, and he was smiling to himself about something funny he'd done a moment before.
 
E.
 
 
We were walking over to the playground (I promised him he could play for a few minutes) and had to pass the flowers where we'd been a few minutes before. The lighting had already changed, and I convinced him to go back over for a few more. I love these! Too bad he would. not. look. at me, and smile normally.
 
F.
 
 
I zoomed in a little closer to take the sky out of the picture. The light in these combined with the flowers is so pretty! If he'd have been looking at me in either of these, I would probably frame these for sure. 

 G.
I like the bottom one here.
























I told him to go ahead and pick a flower, trying to get him to do something cute. He's so silly; he chose to sniff the flower without any direction from me, which would have been a sweet photo if he didn't stick his whole nose in the flower! Haha.

H.





































Finally, I had him turn to the side and look at his flower. At first these were my favorites of the bunch, but now I keep finding things I don't like. Like how the light is reflecting so brightly on his chin that the bottom of his face practically disappears. Plus, he's not showing those big brown eyes.

 I.

I like the first two of this group.





































Which do you like best?

5 comments:

julie said...

I like all the sunflower pictures but my #1 would be the top picture in section E - when he's smiling to himself.

Cardine said...

I am a big fan of the bottom one on G. There is something about that outline that strikes me as really cool. These are great photo ideas. Your kids will never be wanting for photos of themselves when they were little, and that's awesome!

KieraAnne said...

I like the bottom ones on E and G the best.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE the top one on E and the bottom one of F the best. They are all great. You really do a great job taking pictures.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous photos!
And cute kid!

I like the bottom one of B and the top two of D.

Fun!