Sunday, October 20, 2013

Baptism

Last week, Elora got baptized! She was kind of nervous, but everything went pretty well. We had to go to a church building other than where we usually meet, as ours didn't have a baptismal font. We did stop at our church on the way though, to get the cd player for the music (no one in our Branch plays the piano, and we weren't sure if they'd have one in meeting room anyway.)
At our church building, I brought Elora inside for a few minutes, because I had this idea for taking some pictures in front of the big windows, and they turned out pretty nice! We have way too much junk around our walls to take pictures like this at our house. Not to mention the fingerprinted windows...)
 
 
























I love this sideways look, it's even better in black and white. I just wish I had something to reflect the light for this forward facing one, so her face wasn't so dark.

 
Elora got to wear a special hair ribbon for her baptism. Grandma sent it to her before her baby blessing, when she wore it on her wrist. It came with a pretty poem that says to wear it in her hair for her baptism day, and she can wear it again when she gets married. Elora thinks it's very pretty.
 
 
























At the baptism, there was another girl from our Branch also getting baptized, so it was nice that Elora didn't have be be alone! They only had these two outfits for the girls to wear: one jumper and one dress; Elora chose the dress. It kept hanging down around the neck, so I was glad I'd had her wear a white undershirt!

























Elora and Daddy were ready to take the plunge! The missionaries had filled up the font earlier, and told us that the water wasn't very hot because someone  had been at the church taking showers? They said it was lukewarm, and we just shrugged our shoulders, but when the other family arrived they insisted they refill at least part of it with some hotter water. Even with the hot water added last minute, everyone said it was still mighty chilly!

























The font was different than any I'd seen before; it was in the Primary class room, where they took a cover off of middle of the floor..in a carpeted room! Yeah, they got the floor pretty soaking wet when they each got out.
 

We were all very proud of the girls for getting baptized!

Eli would NOT smile for any family pictures.

 

No one in our group had been to this church building before, and it was kind of neat to see some tile work in the hallway. Elora and I had some fun taking pictures around the colorful design. Her skirt even matched it!









































































After everyone got dried off, we all went to Dairy Queen. It was a fun day!






1 comment:

KieraAnne said...

Yay Elora!! Good Job! Isabelle will be baptized in January, that will be fun. :)