I haven't talked much about our little family in the last few months... so I am going to do so, in no logical order.
Eli has decided he would like to join the ranks of the "Terrible Twos" before he turns three. He isn't as prolific in his exploits as Joshua was (Joshua made it a priority to empty at least one toothpaste, a shampoo, and some shaving cream at least three times a week) but he has made his mark. I caught some photos of some of his recent exploits:
Here he is making lunch after church by cutting up the butter, with the fridge open, while we all got dressed. Great job, buddy!
I wonder what happens to eggs when you throw them on the floor?
Last week we were bringing a cake to District Conference. An hour before we left, Eli thought he'd help out by cutting the cake. With scissors.
It's funny how he smiled for the pictures. When Joshua was two, whenever I'd catch him at something he'd just start bawling, even if I wasn't acting mad!
See? Toothpaste accident. Could happen to anyone.
Oh yes, in other news, this November Josh finally lost his first tooth, with the second one lost a month later. He was very thrilled with the tooth fairy's contribution to his piggy bank.
We also had a birthday party last month:
It was for the biggest boy in the house.

Daddy was happy with his cake, but not as happy as we were with the yummy dinner he made for St. Patrick's Day! Corned Beef and Cabbage with a mustard sauce..nom nom nom. If you 've never had this before, the meet is not pink because it's raw, it's just preserved that way before you cook it. And yes, this plate is laying on the floor mat so I could have enough light to take a good picture.
Speaking of events in March, this month Eli and Jonah had a lovely day painting. Usually I can only get Eli to sit for any length of time painting, but this day Jonah enjoyed painting on Eli best of all.


Speaking of crafts, I'm pretty sure I totally skipped November on my blog, in which Jonah, Eli and I all made turkeys. That weekend, Elora decided she needed to make one too, so she copied mine..thus no reason to post mine.
![]() |
| Jonah's turkey |
![]() |
| Eli's turkey |
![]() |
| Elora's turkey that looks almost like mine. |
Speaking of being creative, March afforded us some weather that lent itself to creativity. One day it snowed like crazy, so Eli, Jonah and I decided to start a snowman...it didn't get very big, but they had fun. Josh informed us that it looked like a giant slug.

The next day, it was crazy warm, which made the snow much stickier. The three of us started to build up our snowman more, but the boys got bored. Luckily when Elora came home, she was excited to help finish it. As there are no sticks around, we used some stick-like remnants from our garden to decorate the fellow. Or is it a lady? Josh didn't actually help at all, but he insisted on being in the picture.

And for our final story...Jonah got a huge goose egg when we came out of District Conference last week. I'm not completely clear on what happened, but he was sitting in the rock border around the church and holding his forehead, so I think he somehow fell right on a rock. Ouch! the picture doesn't do it justice.

Hmm. We did also go bowling. But that's another post.










5 comments:
Oh! Poor Jonah's head. :( So sad.
Nice catching up on what's been going on! I'm so far behind, I don't know how to even catch up again... or I don't know if I have the energy to even try.
You have such a cute family. :)
great job catching up. I love knowing what everyone is up too. They are growing up too fast for grandma.
Yay! The pic of Eli and Jonah painting looks almost just like one I have of Henry and William...except they were coloring all over themselves with markers. Also, I have that same pitcher in your fridge and the same mat and the same blue plate. It's like we're related...I should update my blog sometime...maybe next week. It's about time for my annual post.
Ouch! That is one righteous goose egg.
I love catch-up posts. Well...I love any post from my friends because I don't get to see you and I like knowing how you and your family are doing. It makes me feel like you're not so far away. :)
Glad you're all doing well!
P.S. I'm not sure I love hearing about your 2-year-olds' antics. It gives me a glimpse into my future. :)
Julie- you never know! Elora and Jonah were actually rarely if ever naughty two year olds. It will be interesting to see what your boy is like.
Post a Comment