Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beeli Brown

On one of our living room walls we have four small frames, each between 5x5 and 4x4 in size. I like square frames, they're cool.
Each of these frames displays kids' current portraits. It seems Eli's was a bit out of date, as his picture was of his nine-month-old face, and he is now almost three years old! Aww what a cute guy.




















But now it was time for a new one! I tend to like their portraits of serious faces rather than smiles; I don't know why.
When I first finished this, I thought I had him look too old, but really, it does look like him in his more serious moods.  His nose is a little wider though.
The originals of these portraits can be any size, then I just make a smaller copy on the computer so it fits in  the predestinated picture frames; but this drawing really isn't much bigger than the 5x5 for which it was destined.
I'd say the original is not quite so yellow as it looks on my screen.

1 comment:

KieraAnne said...

Nice! Maybe you like the serious portraits 'cuz they look more like old Victorian daguerreotypes where they were all serious 'cuz they had to sit still for so long?