
Yep, it's a jean quilt! We don't have any stretcher bars or fancy equipment to make it really nice and smooth, and the lines of yarn aren't exactly even, but it's done. Yay!
I started putting squares together for this quilt about four years ago! (Yeah, I don't work on it very often.) All I knew was that I didn't want uniform squares or lines, and I wanted to preserve memories of my kids..and their pants. Okay, there are many of mine and Joseph's pants there too. That's one of Joseph's big pockets in this picture.

Hmm. Okay, there are lots of Joseph's pants in here. When I first started, it was really hard to figure out how to sew the squares together when they weren't going to be in perfect lines. But last year I found a technique online that made it much easier, especially considering I don't know much about sewing or quilting.

This is the rumpliest section of the quilt, mostly because when I was sewing the edge I didn't notice the thread had run out, and when I re-sewed it I didn't repin it. So it's kinda screwy. I don't mind though, it has one of Elora's cute pockets from when she was three or four. Aww.

What I found most rewarding about this project was feeling like I was recycling and not just throwing things away. I will definitely be making more in the future! Though it might take five or ten years.

3 comments:
That looks way better than I was picturing, good job! I think in the end yours will be cooler looking than mine (assuming I ever finish). I love the different shaped/sized squares I think it makes it look awesome. My idea for a jean quilt seems really boring now by comparison...
wait..what's your idea for a quilt? I don't remember this conversation. yeah, in the end it actually looks a lot better than it started out, except the one rumply side...which isn't that bad either.
My idea was just squares all the same size and in a row...nothing exciting...I was going to use red yarn and maybe a red back.. I like how you used the kids pants and the different sizes and cool pockets.
Post a Comment