One of the things that's kind of fun about pregnancy is that it's one of the few times that it's socially acceptable to take multiple pictures of yourself without seeming too narcissistic. I know some people don't like to see pictures of themselves, and I usually hate pictures of me taken by other people, but I actually have fun composing them.
The other day, I brought my camera to church so Joseph and I could take a few pictures after everyone left. There is a window with a white curtain that lets in soft lovely light, and I always look at it and think it would make a great place for a photo- all of our curtains at home are patterned or partially blocked by furniture and other objects.
As usual, I got more than I needed, and it's hard to pick a favorite. Also, the light is perfect for a black and white conversion, but I specifically wore a light colored yellow dress for the pictures. I don't know, I'll probably print all of them then be annoyed at myself for printing so many of the "same thing".
First we did some underexposed photos, which I love. The last one is the one I used on facebook:
Then there are some at proper exposure, which show the face more. They have their own ethereal beauty, but aren't as dramatic:
And there were a few that were over exposed; this was the coolest one. I really like it, but doubt it would print like it looks here:
At one point, Joseph was teasing that he was going to be in the picture so I told him to go ahead, and we actually got one or two fun shots- I might even hang one on the wall. I like the black and white of these, Joseph likes the color.
So, black and white or color? Over or under exposed? which do you like best?
Monday, September 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm kind of undecided because I like them all, but there is something really awesome about that golden hue in that first set of photos that you took!
Aww these are so pretty! I wish I got pretty pregnant shots when I was having babies. :(
Post a Comment