Monday, August 25, 2014

five


Jonah turned five this summer (yes, we have lots of summer birthdays.) We tried to take his annual pictures several times over the last month or two, basically any time we went somewhere pretty, but none of them worked out like I wanted. We did get a few that are useable at unexpected moments though. What do you think?

A. These two are my favorites. He's not smiling big, but I love his blue eyes and how it captures him doing something he likes: collecting rocks. I love the overall picture of the first one best with the colors in the sky and the composition, but Jonah's face is the cutest in the second. They both have a little bit of a blur to them though. Which would you pick?


































 I also kind of like this one from the same day. It's very zen, even with the blurry leg.



















 B. This is the second best group of pictures, which were taken on an outing to Spearfish one weekend. Jonah was distracted and wouldn't sit for me for more than a few seconds; and his smiles look a little weird. I messed around with different effects on these pictures.

 


C. I also tried some of those same pictures in black and white, just to see how they looked.

 

D. This group was the most disappointing. The light was so pretty, I was excited about taking them, but Jonah kept getting swarmed by bugs and he would.not.hold.still. Every single one is blurry, not to mention he was only really smiling in one of them. The one pictures that is the least blurry, he's not even looking at me. Ah well.



4 comments:

KieraAnne said...

A- I like the third one. B - Upper right, C - meh, D - Bottom right. I think my favorite is the B pick. :)

tearese said...

yeah, the d bottom right would've been the one I liked best, but when you look at it bigger, it's super blurry.

Sarah said...

I can't believe he's 5. Is that seriously how fast it's going to go???

tearese said...

I know, right?