There was the night we made Halloween sugar cookies: they lasted for almost a month! Joseph made vanilla, orange, raspberry, and lemon frosting for us to frost them with. I would have just made one kind, so that was very exciting for all. The lemon was the best, by the way.

We did jack-o-lanterns too of course. The last two years I didn't even get one because it seemed like too much work after helping everyone else, but this year I decided to get a small pumpkin that I could decorate with paint. It was pretty fun! It helped that Josh and Elora could do there own, and daddy helped Jonah.
I had to pick out everyone else's gourds because they weren't with me at the store, but everyone seemed pretty happy that they were close to what they wanted. Josh got the biggest, Elora the roundest, and Jonah the longest. Eli was with me and picked one with a funny bump, while daddy's had warts! We didn't know that meant it would be hard to carve. Good thing it was daddy's.


![]() |
| we didn't take the picture 'till the next day. |
The school had their regular festivities with the Halloween walk in the gym and parties in the classes.
For the first year they had the brilliant idea of having the drum circle play some pow wow songs instead of playing scratchy Halloween songs on a cd player. The idea worked, because it was the first time in five years that I saw all the kids actually dancing as they went around the gym. Too bad they started it after the kindergarten had already walked around somberly.
Jonah got second place in his class, and Josh got first. Eli and I got to walk around with other preschoolers and parents, and we both got our own bag of candy for participating.
Elora was very disappointed that she didn't get to win anything, but she still had a fun day. She designed her face paint herself (in a drawing) and we spent a lot of time putting butterflies in her hair and on her clothes.


Eli stayed all afternoon at Daddy- and Joshua's- class party. They had tons of treats while they watched Harry Potter! Eli was in heaven. Especially with the bag of candy he got at the costume parade in the gym!

![]() | ||||||
| I wanted a costume to capitalize on my belly. |
Halloween itself was actually not on a school day. We were rushed getting everyone in their costumes because it was already getting dark. Cute.
Happy Halloween!






2 comments:
Yay Halloween! I like your front door, it's very festive...also, I have that rug. ;) I like your pumpkin costume...I should have done something like that.
what wonderful memories. Looks like everyone had a fun Halloween
Post a Comment