
Basically, it's all top stitched , but doubly so that the stitches don't come undone. Anywhere the material might fray, I pulled it apart myself so it would add some texture, and be less tempting for Josh to pick apart himself.
The back is a striped blue material and the yarn is light blue.
I made most of the patches long, and I used a bunch of black jeans too.
I was inspired by a couple of cool quilts I've seen on Pinterest, some with long pieces rather than square, and some with the same type of stitching.
For example, these two quilts. I know the first one won't appeal to everyone, but I really think it's cool. And the bottom one is very nice:
Mine is not quite as sophisticated, but it didn't turn out too bad!



6 comments:
I am way impressed with the quilt you made! :)
thank you Ruth!
Do you leave the pockets open, or do you sew the pockets shut?
I generally leave them open, I think the kids think they're cool. On this one I did accidentally sew one shut when I was doing the stitch on the other side of the blanket though.
Wow, good job! You're so crafty!
wow I'm impressed. You did a terrific job.
Post a Comment