Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Autumn walk

A week or two ago, Elora, River and I decided to go on a  little walk to experience the fall weather. During the last five years, we've enjoyed seeing the colorful grasses and bushes that the grasslands have to offer, but we've always had to drive somewhere else if we wanted to see autumn trees.
As you can imagine, we've been so happy to have so many trees around us and leaves to tromp through.
We especially love the tall trees just a block from our house, in the same place where we took Elora's birthday pictures. Just a few feet away from this golden spot, we saw some more typical South Dakota landscape, and we decided to take some fun pictures.
Elora and River enjoyed looking at the plants, and we even saw a deer that had been hiding nearby!

















 





















It was fun getting some pictures of all the girls! And yes, mom, I was smiling in lots of the pictures; I didn't use them because most of those ones had other problems...like plants in front of the baby's face.  Please click to see the pictures bigger!




































 Elora was a perfect model in finding some good spots for a picture.















Of course I took a few of just me. Meh.















But my favorites were these last minute pictures I took as the sun was setting and we were ready to head home.

















 These close, intimate pictures of autumn are where I find inspiration in the season, even more than a sweeping majestic landscape. What a pretty time of year!


























I hope you can get out and enjoy the weather too!

3 comments:

julie said...

Gorgeous pictures. That group of orange leaves are my favorite, but I also liked the branches. I love the colors of this season.

KieraAnne said...

Nice! Your hair look so pretty in these ones too! I can never get mine to lay smooth like that it always goes frizzy.

Anonymous said...

we are surely blessed to live in a beautiful world