Friday, May 06, 2016

River in the kitchen

Here is a new drawing I just finished of River in the kitchen! I took the picture several months ago, and something about the scene really appealed to me. The combination of colors, the baby's smiling face, or maybe just my favorite curtains mixed with the baby. That's right, you've seen these curtains before.



You might recognize them from this drawing from around 2011,


 Or maybe from the lefthand side of this fun drawing in 2013,



or this one done later that same year.



It's true, my favorite bedroom curtains are now my favorite kitchen curtains. But what else can you do if the kitchen is already painted yellow and blue when you move in, right?


Anyway, it's a cute backdrop for a cute baby, even with the dirty (yet pretty) dishes in between.

What I like about it: the colors, the style, the curtain pattern, the dishes in front of her face. What I don't like: the layout of the dishes behind her, and the angle of the tiles.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you just can't beat good curtains. Adorable baby too!

Aaron said...

Thanks for sharing your talent of drawing. It really does bring joy to my heart. (Sarah, not Aaron, although, I'm sure if Aaron saw your work, he would feel joy, too.)

KieraAnne said...

Nice! You can tell River and Jonah are related in this pic and the drawing you did with the kids out the window. I like the curtains in the close up one with the two kids heads in it the best. (three up from the bottom). This is also funny cuz I was just thinking maybe I should paint my red kitchen yellow so my blue accent plates will make it a bright cheery yellow and blue kitchen. :)